title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I can't launch My Music Collection --- Help, please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tunchi_1939
    • Oct 2006

I can't launch My Music Collection --- Help, please

My dAP were functioning OK until now.--- Now, it plays songs, BUT, I can't launch My Music Collection.- I click on the Icon MMC and nothing happens.- I double click on the Editor.exe file and nothing happens.
    I would thank any suggestion.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: I can't launch My Music Collection --- Help, please

What version of dAP are you using? Right-click on a blank part of the skin to bring up the menu. Along the left of the menu, it will say "dBpowerAMP" if you are using release 2 or "dBBpowerAMP release 3 beta x" if you are using the r3 beta.
    If you are using r2, it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest dAP beta, as it includes many bug fixes. It is perfectly stable for use. Link is below in my signature.

Comment

• tunchi_1939
      • Oct 2006

LtData: Thank you very much for your quick answer.
      I've downloaded and installed r3 beta version.
      File Amp.exe show version is 4.0.2.0
      When I start dAP, MMC appears for just a very little time and then disappears, and after that, when I click on Menu >> My Music Collection, it doesn't happen anything.
      I've also tried r-click on a blank part and then Music Collection and it doesn't happen anything.
      What am I doing wron?
      Thanks again for your attention.

Please excuse me for my english.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try running the reset utility mentioned here to reset dAP back to defaults.

Comment

• tunchi_1939
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
          Try running the reset utility mentioned here to reset dAP back to defaults.
          Lt. Data: In your last post, below the above mentioned lines, there are only two links:
          1.- dAP Beta --------> I've downloaded the r3 beta 6 version and installed it in my PC.
          2.- Missing a Feature? -------> This link takes me to a series of posts of r12 that I think don't refer to my problem (perhaps I am wrong).

For your information, here it is what I have installed in my PC now:

dMC Configuration:
          ? Version information:

dBpowerAMP Music Converter --- Release 11 -------- it works OK
          Power Pack & MP3 License ------ (Registered: Yes) -- it works OK
          dBpowerAMP Audio Player ------- Release 3 Beta 6 -- it works with problems
          dBpowerAMP CD Writer --------- Release 2 (Registered: Yes) -- it works OK
          Sveta Portable Audio ----------- Not installed.

My PC is:
          Pentium 4 2,4GHz
          Hard Drive: 80 Gb
          RAM: 785200 KB
          Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
          Antivirus: The Hacker Antivirus
          Antispyware: Sunbelt CounterSpy, Lavasoft Ad-aware, Spybot S&D

I have also installed:
          WMP -------------------- it works OK
          Winamp ----------------- it works OK
          RealOne ----------------- it works OK
          ATI Multimedia Center --- it works OK
          Audacity ---------------- it works OK
          I've mentioned all of these different players just in case one of these programs could be in conflict with dAP.

Thanks again for your kind attention

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

The reset routine is the last item in the FAQ for dBpowerAMP Audio Player.
            You will find it here:
            A. Some setting has changed that does not agree with your computer, run this to refresh dAP to the factory install setting: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dAPResetAll.exe

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

It appears I forgot to post the link. My bad, sorry. Thanks for giving him the link xoas.

Comment

• tunchi_1939
                • Oct 2006

Thanks to 'xoas' and 'Lt. Data' for your time and support.
                I went to the link that 'xoas' posted and I downloaded the utility

dAPResetAll.exe (size 48 Kb).

I have run the utility.
                Then I've restarted my PC.
                After that, I launched dAP.
                Then, I click on 'Menu >> My Music Collection'.
                Immediately, a window appears and that window is 'My Music Collection', but unfortunately, the window APPEARS for only ONE SECOND or perhaps a HALF OF A SECOND, and then the window DISSAPEARS.
                It is the same that was happening before resetting to the factory defaults.
                (I know netiquette rules and I know that writing in capital letters is not polite, but I did it, trying to show you the problem).

When My Music Collection's window is opened (just for one second), I can clearly see that it is My Music Collection.

After the window has disappeared, I click again in ‘Menu >> My Music Collection’, trying to repeat the situation, but the window doesn't appear again.

I must close dAP, then reopen it again, and I click in 'Menu >> My Music Collection' and the same thing is repeated.- The window appears for one second and then disappears.

I sincerely appreciate very much your trying to help me.
                I hope you can give me another suggestion.

God bless you.

Rafael, from Lima – Peru – South America.

Comment

• Bill41
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2004

Rafael, I don't know if this will help but I had a similar problem with File Selector in an earlier version of DMC.See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...=graphics+card

The solution to the problem turned out to be upgrading the driver to my graphics card.Hope this helps.
                  Bill

Comment

• tunchi_1939
                    • Oct 2006

Bill : Thanks for your comments.- It is 11:10 pm now and I've just read your post.- I am having some problems, so I can't try what you suggested, until tomorrow night.- I'll let you know.
                    Thanks again.
                    Rafael.

Comment

• tunchi_1939
                      • Oct 2006

I was doing all of the previous, entering to Windows XP Home Edition with SP2, as user 'Rafael', sometimes with Administrator attributes and sometimes with Limited attributes.--- In both cases, the problem with My Music Collection happened.--- Normally, I work with my PC an do my entertainment things, as user 'Rafael'.

I was wondering if the problem would occur if I enter to Windows XP-SP2 with another user name, that is 'ROVE', with Administrator attributes.- This second user name 'ROVE' I use always as Administrator, when it is imperative to work as Administrator.

So, I entered as user 'ROVE', and dAP worked OK.--- My Music Collection's window appeared and stayed opened, of course with no music in it.--- I could add musics from my hard disk to My Music Collection ( I have all my music files in good condition in my hard disk ), and also I could create Playlists, and played songs with NO PROBLEMS.

So, I don't think I have to update my graphics card driver as suggested by Bill in his last post. Thank you Bill for your post. You are very kind.

Until 4 or 5 days ago, everything was working OK with dAP, entering as user 'Rafael'.--- So, the question for me is: What is going on?
                      I've recently installed release 3 Beta 6, as suggested by Lt Data and Xoas in this thread, but the problem is still there when I am user 'Rafael'.
                      All my other players are working OK, that is: wmp, winamp, RealOne, ATI, etc.
                      I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you very much
                      Rafael

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

One user said the utility didn't work for him unless he ran it twice. So you could try, with dAP closed, running the reset utility twice and then rebooting.

Also, the problem could be with your music collection. Try moving your current music collection and see if it will open then.

Comment

• donny
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Oct 2002

maybe you could also try to open the "Rafael" music collection as administrator user? though if the problem happens again you'll probably need to remove the file from the pc, since it will crash the mmc.

another thing - if it works as admin and not as regular, it doesn't exclude the option that the graphic drivers are the problem. It could be a bug in the driver that only manifests when you are not an admin user, maybe not having some access priviledges or somthing...

Comment

• tunchi_1939
                            • Oct 2006

To all of you, kind people, who are trying to help me:
                            Thank you very much for all of your effort.
                            I've tried all of your recommendations, but unfortunately, the problem is still there.

To Bill 41:
                            You said: "The solution to the problem turned out to be upgrading the driver to my graphics card.Hope this helps."
                            I've just downloaded and updated my graphics card driver.
                            No solution.
                            The situation continues in the following way:
                            I open dAP, as user 'Rafael' even admin or regular, it starts playing music inmediately, but when I click in 'Menu >> My Music Collection" it opens, but just for 2 to 3 seconds, then dissapears.
                            I do almost all my work or entertainment, as user 'Rafael' even as admin or regular.
                            But, when I open dAP as user 'ROVE' as admin, EVERYTHING WORKS OK.

To Lt.Data:

You said: "One user said the utility didn't work for him unless he ran it twice. So you could try, with dAP closed, running the reset utility twice and then rebooting."
                            I did it, not only twice, but three times.
                            No solution.
                            The situation continues in the following way:
                            I open dAP, as user 'Rafael' even admin or regular, it starts playing music inmediately, but when I click in 'Menu >> My Music Collection" it opens, but just for 2 to 3 seconds, then dissapears.
                            I do almost all my work or entertainment, as user 'Rafael' even as admin or regular.
                            But, when I open dAP as user 'ROVE' as admin, EVERYTHING WORKS OK.

You said: "Also, the problem could be with your music collection. Try moving your current music collection and see if it will open then."
                            I did it.- No solution.- Situation remains as equal.

To donny:
                            You said: "maybe you could also try to open the "Rafael" music collection as administrator user? though if the problem happens again you'll probably need to remove the file from the pc, since it will crash the mmc."
                            As you can see in previous lines, as user 'Rafael', it is the same problem, even when I am 'Rafael' as admin or regular. But, when I am user 'ROVE' as admin, dAP works OK.
                            Also, as per your suggestion, I removed the file Rafael.mmc from the pc.
                            Now, when I try to open 'My Music Collection', it opens, completely EMPTY, just for 2 to 3 seconds, and then dissapears.
                            (Just in case, I have all my music files in good condition in my hard disk.- I have not lost any music file.- And I continue playing my songs with Winamp, wmp, Realone and all of them works OK).

You said also: "another thing - if it works as admin and not as regular, it doesn't exclude the option that the graphic drivers are the problem."
                            I've just downloaded and updated my graphics card driver.
                            Please see the first lines of this post, in the paragraph to Bill 41.
                            The problems is still there.
                            The situation is the same.

I am so confused. I don't know what to do.

From dBpower I have the following programs in my PC:
                            dMC Configuration:
                            ? Version information:
                            dBpowerAMP Music Converter --- Release 11 -------- it works OK
                            Power Pack & MP3 License ------ (Registered: Yes) -- it works OK
                            dBpowerAMP Audio Player ------- Release 3 Beta 6 -- it works with problems
                            dBpowerAMP CD Writer --------- Release 2 (Registered: Yes) -- it works OK
                            Sveta Portable Audio ----------- Not installed.

I have the following questions:
                            1).- Is it necessary that I update dBpowerAMP Music Converter to R12 and dBpowerAMP CD Writer to a new version if it is available?
                            2).- Is there any relation between these two programs with dAP?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
                            Thank you very much to all of you for your time and your effort.
                            God bless you.
                            Rafael.
                            Last edited by tunchi_1939; March 10, 2007, 06:51 PM. Reason: To be better understood.

Comment

• xoas
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2002

I have encountered only 3 examples of problems similar, but not identical, to what you describe.

The first was related to one or more of a few corrupted files that would crash dAP and MMC whenever they were played. The tip-off was that other files played OK. Removing the corrupted files fixed it.

The second was when I installed dMC r12 over dMC R11.5. Somewhere I encountered a bug that was not correctable by running the reset routine. The remedy required uninstalling r12 and uninstalling dAP and then reinstalling both.

The third has to do with times that the body of particular dAP skins would end up being displayed somewhere off-screen (it might flash very briefly on my monitor as I opened it up, it would show as being open on my tray control but I would be unable to access it). This is usually not fixed by the reset routine but is fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the skin in question (or by resetting registry settings for the main amp of the skin in question, or by simply using a different skin altogether).

In any case, if you have not tried this already, is to uninstall dAP, re-start your computer, and re-install dAP (doing all of this with your Rafael user ID with administrative priviledges). You may have to re-build your MMC, but your have already done so once.

If that does not work, I find myself wondering if this crash occurs only under the conditions you decribe or if it occurs under other situations as well. So I would ask you to consider and respond to these questions:
                              1. Have you tried different skins and does the same problem occur with different skins?
                              (and BTW what skins are you using, have you tried?);
                              2. Have you tried different means of accessing MMC (you have tried accessing it from the dAP Options menu with dAP running, have you tried accessing it from the main dAP skin button for MMC, or from the desktop icon with dAP open but not playing, have you tried opening it without dAP open from the desktop icon and from the Start Menu)? It might reveal something if you can open MMC without dAP playing. It might reveal something different if it occurs in every way you call up MMC (with and without dAP being open) that might suggest something else. If it is specific to one or more skins, it might be a skin problem rather than a larger dAP problem. If you need to try these measures, please let us know what you have tried and what the results were.

Best wishes,
                              Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>