title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Player doesn' play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Isilay
    • Feb 2007

Player doesn' play

Hi,
    dAp doesn't play. When I click on the song name I see on the play control screen continiously flashing in succession "playing with green colour and not playing with red colour" But no sound.
    How to correct this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

Isilay
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Player doesn' play

Did you leave dBpoweramp Music Converter (dMC) r11.5 and its codecs in place when you installed dMC r12?
    dBpoweramp Audio Player (dAP) currently requires dMC r11.5 and the legacy codecs. My understanding is that it will not work with r12 alone.

I believe you can find more information on this at the Products page (tabbed link at top of this page) where it talks about using dAP with dMC r12.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I need to add that you may yet run into some trouble playing tracks in dAP as per my experiences mentionned here:
      I have recently installed r12 separately from r 11.5 as advised. Since then, I have noted strange behavior. For many tracks, dAP seems to work fine. Others it will skip over and refuse to play even if they are queued from My Music Collection or if I track them down in their files and right-click to play them. This appears to

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Isilay
        • Feb 2007

Thanks Xoas,
        I've uninstall dMC R12 and install dMC R11.5.
        I have actually:dbpower AMP,DbPower Amp music converter version release 11 without Power Pack MP3 licence, without CD writer,without Sveta.
        As codec I have dbPower WMA V9.1 codec.
        When I run my player (i've already add my music files in player), I see on the player,scrolling with very fast speed tracks/artists/albums titles as well as numbers of KHZ and Kbps.
        Obviously no play,no sound.
        Where is the mistake?
        Kind regards.

Isilay

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Have you tried uninstalling dMC r12 then clearing the dMC registery entries, rebooting and then re-installing dMC r11.5 using the procedure outlined here:
          A. If uninstalling does not help, then follow these instructions to make a totally clean start: *** if you are using dBpowerAMP Audio Player, backup your music collection first *** 1) Reboot PC, Select 'Start' >> 'Run' and type: regedit.exe Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate delete the Key

(from the FAQ section of the forum)?
          If that alone does not help, there is an FAQ in the dAP section of the forum that outlines a mini-application for resetting dAP to "factory specifications."
          (See: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403).

You may also want to look at your My Music Collection. I have noted that for some reason MMC has been generating copies of files it will not play where each copy is 0 kb in size. These naturally do not play but the older files they are copies of will not play for me either. In my case, the problem seems to be confined to .mp3 files. Can you confirm whether this is happening for you?

My guess is that if you are having that problem you may have to clear and rebuild your My Music Collection but I would try those other 2 steps first.

Best wishes,
          Bill
          Last edited by xoas; February 07, 2007, 10:12 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

• Isilay
            • Feb 2007

Hi Xoas,
            After your suggested 2 steps it works now.Thanks a lot.But dbpowerAMP player read only MP3 format and not wma format.While wma files work with windows media player 11. Do you think that some codecs are missing.
            For your info I don't remark any mp3 file as copy with 0 kb in my Music Collection.
            Kind regards.

Isilay

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Did you install the WMA codec into dMC r11.5? Note that you need the version from the Legacy Codec Central.
              Last edited by LtData; February 07, 2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Isilay
                • Feb 2007

Yes I did. I 've install "WMA (under popular codecs) wma,asf,wmv, Microsoft v9.1 standard,pro,lossless,voice codec"
                Isilay

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Where did these WMA files come from? If they have any type of copy-protection on them, dAP cannot play them.

Are you using Windows XP? The WMA 9.1 Codec is Windows XP only. If it still doesn't work, try the WMA 9 codec after uninstalling the WMA 9.1 codec. Also, did you try a dAP "factory reset"?

Comment

• Isilay
                    • Feb 2007

Hi,
                    I try to convert theses wma files to mp3 format without success I remark that they are protected.(they are both my own CD tracks extracted on my pc that I can play with WMP11)I have XP SP2.I did "factory reset".
                    Thanks and regards.

Isilay

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

If the files are protected, dAP cannot play them. Unfortunately, back in WMP 7 or so, the default option for ripped tracks was to protect them.

Comment

Working...

]]>