title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Right-Click context menu

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Right-Click context menu

Can anyone tell me how to remove the following from the context menu of media files:

Play in dAP
    En-Queue in dAP
    Add to dAP
    Add to Playlist

Naturally, I want to keep "Convert".

Arnie
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Right-Click context menu

These options can be turned off within dMC Configuration (Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP music Converter> Configuration> dMC Conguration; in earlier versions dMC Configuration is listed as dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). In the current version there is a button on the main page (lower left corner of the configuration window, the title of this icon escapes me just now), to access first the Windows integration options (1st of 2 screens; this is where you turn off these particular options) and then to set options for AccurateRip, etc (the 2nd of 2 screens). Make sure you go through both screens so that you can hit the Finish button on the 2nd screen to make your changes effective.

In earlier versions of dMC, these settings are still in the dMC Configuration window but located at the bottom of the screen>

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Thanks, Bill. That is what I did. The option boxes you mention are therebut I can not find on/off settings for the four I referred to.
      Arnie

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

d'OH! Sorry about that.
        All of the settings you are talking about are settings for dAP (dBpowerAMP Audio Player), and, as you indicate, these cannot be reset from dMC.
        I am not sure that dAP gives you the option to turn off these features or not and I will not be able to check on this until this evening. You can check for yourself by going Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP> Configuration to check to see if any of the options there offer the ability to turn off these features (if it is there I would think it would must likely be in the Install Options window).

Sorry for the confusion.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• adaywayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2004

No problem, Bill. I looked in all the dAP install and configurations options also and don't see what I am looking for. Perhaps Spoon could consider it for R12.
          Arnie

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

I don't have any of those options.

Did you set DAP as default player maybe?

Comment

• adaywayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2004

Only for mp3 and OGG files but I get this list when I right-click on any audio files.
              And sorry, I should have posted this in the Player forum.
              Arnie

Comment

• heinhuiz
                • May 2003

Has this item been solved yet? 'cause I don't have the Add to dAP option and I really want it.

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

I am sorry I have let this slide.

Adaywayne-it does look to me like if you go to the dAP Configuration>File Associations and click on your file types to remove dAP from being the default player that you will then lose the right-click menu options for playing, enqueing, and adding to dAP and adding to playlist. And yes, you will still have the right-click convert to option (which does come from dMC). Hopefully you already found that out.

heinhuiz-You should be able to do the reverse (open dAP Configuration>File Associations and select the boxes for the format types to make dAP the default player and then you should have these same right-click options available. This assumes that dAP has the right codecs installed to recognize and read the files in the first place (and remember, dAP HAS to use the codecs from Legacy Codec Central-installed to the same folder as dAP, if you are using r12 or later of Music Converter).

Best wishes,
                  Bill
                  Last edited by xoas; February 05, 2008, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• heinhuiz
                    • May 2003

Thanks for your reply, Bill, but no. I'm using dMC r12.4 registered, have tried both dAP r2 and r3beta6, and unchecked and rechecked every checkmark in File Associations to no avail. Maybe the problem is related to XP x64?

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2002

I wouldn't know about XP 64. Perhaps Spoon could weigh in here or LtData or a user better acquainted with XP 64 could offer some insight here. I did read about an issue with dMC r12+ in Vista 64 bit using a 32 bit program called TotalCommander. I assume you are not using this program.

Apart from that I still have a few ideas:
                      I would recommend you uninstall dAP 2 and stick with r3 beta6.

Next, go to dAP Configuration and check out the Install Options menu to make sure that the option to associate music files with dBpowerAMP is checked. If it is not, please check it and see if you have the right-click options you are looking for now. (I don't think this will make a difference but it is simple to do).

What other programs do you use for playing music on your system? If you right-click on one of your music files, is there any option to play the file in a particular player? If so, what player is involved? I ask because some music players seem to be very territorial in trying to maintain their primacy within the system.

You might try going Start>Control Panel>Folder Options and click on the File Types tab.
                      Check to see what programs are associated with a particular file format (like .mp3) you want to play. See if that format has dAP listed as the program to be used when opening the program. If not, change the association here to dAP and see if that changes things.

You might try these. If they don't help, check to see whether you can play the file(s) in question in dAP. If you cannot, you might be missing the correct codec. I take it that you have some files tucked away in My Music Collection (or MMC, the library function of dAP). If you have not established your MMC, you migt try manually adding some files to MMC.

I also assume that you are trying to right-click music files in their folders rather than from within MMC. If a file gets moved after being added to MMC, it will not play if you click on it in MMC (because MMC can't find it).

I also assume that you are OK in terms of following these guidelines (here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm ) for assuring compatibility with dMC r12+/r13 alpha if you have either of those programs installed.

Try these and let us know what you find.

Best wishes,
                      Bill

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

I'm pretty sure dAP can't put a context menu on the 64-bit Windows Explorer. Try the 32-bit explorer:
                        How to run the 32-bit explorer:
                        Start --> run -->
                        "%windir%\SysWOW64\explorer.exe" /separate
                        Copy and Paste the entire line into the run box.

Comment

• heinhuiz
                          • May 2003

Lt. Data, you're pretty right (sorry Bill, you've done better than best, thanks!). The 32-bit explorer has the Add to dAP option.

BUT! dMC's Convert To and Edit ID-Tag only appear on the 64-bit context menu, not on the 32-bit one.

Great thanks to both of you, although there's still some kind of problem left here ;-)

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

That is because dMC uses the 64-bit context menu instead of the 32-bit one in XP 64-bit. I am unsure if there is a way to get it to do both 32-bit and 64-bit explorer.

Comment

• heinhuiz
                              • May 2003

(Uh... Maybe an r3beta7 would help?)

Comment

Working...

]]>