title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unwanted shell extensions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianmerl

• May 2005

Unwanted shell extensions

I have used DAP for a few years without any trouble. Now, whenever I right-click on a music file, I get four new items in the menu: edit tag; en-que in DAP; add to DAP and add to playlist. I have no use for these items, since I only play by clicking on the file, so they they just clutter my menu.
    I have tried everything to remove them (install option in the program menu; reset DAP exe; tweaking the register) but they're still there. Any idea what to do?
    Also, I find that setting DAP as default player forces a single item on all music files. This, for me, is very inconvenient, since I can't tell the type of file at a glance.
    Anything to do as to this? (My DAP version is 4.0.2)
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Unwanted shell extensions

4.0.2 is not the version of dAP, but it might be the executable. In dAP, right-click in the blank part of a skin. You should see "dBpowerAMP" going vertically on the left side of the menu. If you see "release 3 beta x" then you are using the latest r3 beta. If you do not see a version number, you are using release 2.

As for the unwanted shell extensions, if you try a total uninstall of dAP as mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828. Then try installing the dAP r3 beta. Yes, it is a beta but is perfectly stable, as many people on this forum will tell you.

Comment

Working...

]]>