title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

db cuts out for a second or two

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cool9
    • Feb 2006

db cuts out for a second or two

Every so often it stops playing (mp3s) for a second or two. Started a few mths ago. I thought it was my CD/DVD drive having trouble reading CDs but I just replaced my Samsung drive with a Plextor drive today and having the same problems. I've used Memorex CD+RWs for over 18 mths (TDK, too but I prefer memorex). I have never had this problem in Realplayer. Never had this problem using dbpoweramp last year, either. I upgraded to Beta 6 maybe 3 weeks ago. I love dbpoweramp and it's equalizer. My PC sounds awesome!!!

dbpoweramp Release 3 Beta 6
    Windows XP pro SP2
    Athlon XP 3200
    768 MB RAM
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: db cuts out for a second or two

Are these mp3s located on a CD/DVD?

Read the below, it may help:
    Go into your System Properties from the Control Panel, click on the Hardware tab, click "Device Manager" and then select your Primary and Secondary IDE controller. On one of the tabs, you have an option for "DMA if available" or "PIO Only" for both the Master and Slave device on each controller. Make sure they are set to "DMA if available". If you cannot select this and this is the secondary IDE controller, close the properties window, uninstall the Secondary IDE controller, then click the Action menu on the top, and then click "Scan for hardware changes." This should redetect your Secondary IDE controller and should now be set to "DMA if available".

Why did this happen? Most likely, it was due to a "feature" of Windows XP that drops your CD Drive to PIO Mode if there are a lot of read errors on a particular CD.

Comment

• cool9
      • Feb 2006

Both of my IDE channels are set to DMA if available. Poweramp does it on all my CDs about every few minutes. It didn't do that last year when I had a previous version. I picked up Beta about a month ago and it might have done it a little before that, too. What if you have a lot of applications open? I have plenty of RAM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You installed the dMC r12 alpha? If you did, you probalby need to do a total uninstall. Instructions are here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 In fact, even if you did NOT install the dMC r12 alpha, this might help solve your problem if the problem is on dMC's end.

Comment

Working...

]]>