title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some MP3s not playing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cool9

• Feb 2006

Some MP3s not playing

I just got some MP3s (GPOT: 320 kbps CBR) that don't play in dbpoweramp but they play in Realplayer. So I converted them to WAV with Audioconverter then back to MP3 (320 kbps) with both Audioconverter and Audacity and they still won't play. I've never had this problem before with MP3s and dbpoweramp. I've been playing MP3s all week on poweramp. Not sure what the problem is.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Some MP3s not playing

If you right-click on one of these audio files (that will not play), do you see a menu option to "Play in dAP"?
    If you right-click on one of these files and select Properties and then click on the tag information, does the tag window indicate an .mp3 file extension?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• cool9

• Feb 2006

Tags are MP3, no "play in DAP". None of my MP3s have "play in DAP" but I can play them in poweramp no problem. The MP3s I got yesterday won't play in poweramp. My MP3s aren't associated with poweramp just because I don't want the poweramp icon on my MP3s.
      When I converted them to WAV they played in poweramp.

(Edit: I just associated MP3 with poweramp and they still won't play)
      Last edited by cool9; July 28, 2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

What version of dAP are you using? Release 2 or the latest release 3 beta? Right-click on a blank part of your skin to get a menu. If it just says "dBpowerAMP" you have release 2. If it says "dBpowerAMP release 3 beta x" then you have release 3. The latest beta for release 3 is beta 6.

Now, notice that the "beta" doesn't mean unstable. It just means the developer (Spoon) doesn't feel ready to release it as a final release yet. It is perfectly stable and I have used it for over a year with no problems.

Edit: also, link to the latest dAP beta below, in my signature

Comment

• cool9

• Feb 2006

The vertical text on the menu? It just says "dbpoweramp". I can't figure this out. The mp3s aren't corrupt. Some of them came from different sources.

Comment

• cool9

• Feb 2006

I installed Beta 3_6. They wouldn't play so I converted them to wav then back to mp3. Now they play. Thanks for your help. dbpoweramp is great!!!

Comment

Working...

]]>