title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music is speeded up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adam-g
    • Jul 2006

Music is speeded up

I have just installed dBpowerAMP music converter and tried to convert my WAV file to MP3 - the result is that the music is speeded up - the whole song which was 3.43 minutes long is now run in just 2.44 minutes which sounds ridiculous! The original WAV file is 14182KB, PCM format, 16 bit, frequency 31250. Can anyone help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music is speeded up

>31250

That is not a standard frequency, 32000 and 44100 are standard.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Try enabling Professional Frequency Conversion. This is set in dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration, click on the Options tab).

If that does not fix it, try converting your wave file to standard PCM wave with a frequency of 44.1 kHz and convert that file to mp3.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• adam-g
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by xoas
        Try enabling Professional Frequency Conversion. This is set in dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration, click on the Options tab).

If that does not fix it, try converting your wave file to standard PCM wave with a frequency of 44.1 kHz and convert that file to mp3.

Best wishes,
        Bill
        Thanks, Bill - enabled PFC to no effect. Couldn't do the PCM wave conversion as the application told me the required codec couldn't be found/opened. So I am still at a loss . . .

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Can you play this wave file? If so, what will play it?

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

if you can play the original normaly in some player, then maybe the aux can help saving the original. auxilary input in dMC can save anything playing on the computer to a sound file.

Comment

• adam-g
              • Jul 2006

Hi Bill,
              I can play the wav file with MS Media Player. I've found that if I select a frequency of 32000 then it sounds OK but is just 2% faster than the original (that is 32000 minus 31250 divided by 32000) which is OK but not ideal.

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

My question was leading into the advice that Donny gave (in post #6) regarding recording your track while it plays off your soundcard.

If the 2% speedup seems acceptable, then you should be able to convert your 32000 kHz wave file to mp3.

Occasionally you might be able to get results by recording your off-standard file with frequency set to "as source", in effect converting the file (at least theoretically) to itself but sometimes this will enable the file to be converted to something more useful.

How many channels was your original wave track?

Have you tried a test conversion of this wave file? This is done the same as a regular conversion only where you set the output format to wave or mp3 you select "Test Conversion (No Write)". You will see a progress bar which will move very rapidly and tell you in very short order whether the test conversion was successful or not (as well as the speed of the test conversion, if successful). No output file is created. If you get an error message, this strongly implies that Music Converter is unable to read this file correctly for whatever reason. In that case, Auxilary Input is your most likely chance.

BTW, where did your wave file originate?

Best wishes,
                Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>