title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unable to play flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drummer

• Jun 2006

unable to play flac

I'm new to this software and find that the player will not play a .flac file. The codecs have been reinstalled and I've run out of things to search for to solve the problem.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: unable to play flac

You installed the dMC FLAC codec and dAP will still not play it? Did you install both dAP and the dMC codec while you have Administrator rights?

Comment

• drummer

• Jun 2006

I have admin rights for everything. I'm a sole operator.
      I forgot to add that when I converted to .lame all I got was 234kb (:10 sec) of material. Does that give anymore info?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps the flac file(s) are bad?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drummer

• Jun 2006

Perhaps, as you suggest, the files are bad. But they show 303Mb and I've only been able to get 234Kb in any operation. It's like browsing intros. (10 sec)

While we're discussing this, what will open a CD Image file? And by the way, I'm not having any luck with APE files either.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Can you play the FLAC files in another player?

And programs such as Daemon Tools or Alcohol 55% or Alcohol 120% are able to mount CD Images as a virtual CD drive.

Comment

• drummer

• Jun 2006

Sorry. I'm ready to throw in the towel.
              The file in question is 292,352KB APE file and opens to sub-file CDImage and I can't do anything with it including dbPoweramp,Convert,Winamp,Alcohol52%. I have nothing that will touch this file, and not enough experience to go any further.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Aha. It sounds like you have an ape file that uses a cue sheet to separate the large file into discrete songs. How you would play it, I don't know. But that is what it sounds like.

Comment

• drummer

• Jun 2006

You're right. They do have a cue sheet and I've never run into that before. If anyone has any more info on how to open and play an APE file with a cue sheet please post an answer. I'll continue to monitor this forum but for now those two files will remain in storage and I'll move on to other things.
                  <drummer_32540@yahoo.com>

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

It looks like foobar2000 can read these files and convert them to another format. If you can get foobar to convert your file to separate .wav files, you can then use dMC to convert to your desired files.

Also, it is planned for dMC r12 to support cue sheets and the like, but that is still being worked on.

Comment

• drummer

• Jun 2006

Foobar is fascinating and if I can learn how to use it it will be wonderful. So far all I get is a 'motorboat sound like a 60hz sound. It will take some exploring, as in reading the instructions! But their "help" doesn't give any info or tutorial!

Salutes to Lt Data :D
                      Last edited by drummer; June 12, 2006, 02:17 AM. Reason: incomplete info

Comment

Working...

]]>