title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

corrupted mp3's only fail in dAP and Windows Movie Maker...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneeuwitje

• Mar 2006

corrupted mp3's only fail in dAP and Windows Movie Maker...

Yesterday, when Windows Movie Maker failed to import some :( of my mp3's, I investigated and found that they all have partly corrupted file-info, like: Length: 0:00 and/or Original Size: 0.
    These files will play fine in any Player but dAP, and will not import into WMM (but play perfectly in Windows Media Player, Winamp, Real Player, Quicktime, ...).
    These files were coded with iTunes v6.01 on a Mac - I think using mp3 192 (vbr). Source were various CD's (some were burned from .m4p-files bought from Apple to regular audio CD)
    Re-coding with dMC fails "file could not be opened", recoding with iTunes v6.04 again produces an unplayable file.

Q:
    1. Like to know what could cause these files to have corrupted headers,
    2. How repair,
    3. What's common between dAP and WMM that they seem to be the only apps that cannot handle these files.
    Last edited by sneeuwitje; March 15, 2006, 07:42 AM.
  • sneeuwitje

• Mar 2006

Is it just invalid tags...?

Tried editing the id3v2.2 tag on one of these files ... thought maybe it would help adding a v1.1 tag, and guess what: it plays! ... even though the db-info shows length

Still sheds no light on why it wouldn't play at first ... should be alright without id3v1 ??? I thought...

Comment

Working...

]]>