title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Extra Files Packaging

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craze
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Extra Files Packaging

Hi Spoon,

I've been reworking BlackBeauty and have added some extra files to the package as do it yourself mods and new Features highlights. Was wondering if Word files were OK for this? Or would you suggest something else?

Also, Razgo has brought up a new question about the 20-Band Equalizer. (BlackBeauty II will be 18-bands).

Razgo says he can't hear any changes in the 14K & 19K sliders. It just happened to be on one of the first downloads of BBII, which I then recalled.

I can't hear any changes on those two sliders myself, with any 20-band skin,...using dAP r3 beta6.

I reverted back to the previous version r3 beta5 (although the menu reads as r3 beta4). Seems like they are working in that version. But it's hard to tell.

Can you confirm?
    Please advise on the Word files.

Thanks in advance.
    Craze
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Extra Files Packaging

Craze, you can turn those Word files into PDF with a free program called CutePDF from http://www.cutepdf.com/Support .

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

as far as I know the packer is not restricted by any file extensions, so you can pack up what you want, being that txt, rtf, doc, pdf whatever...

Comment

• Craze
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

That was kind of what I'd been thinking. Wasn't really looking to change formats.

The other question posed was about the Equalizer.
        Can anyone verify that the 14K & 19K sliders are working in a 20-band equalizer?
        Or in the Magnum's 18-Band EQ?
        With any version of dAP.

Razgo has pointed out that these two freqs don't seem to be yielding any changes. I tend to agree. Seeking some verification.
        Seems like they used to work. Hard to tell.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The missing ones are 7 around 500 Hz (if the first one is 0...last is 19) and 14 around 4Khz
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Yes. Those sliders have been removed from my Magnum & BlackBeauty II 18-Band Eq skins. The Skin Designer designates the sliders as dBEq20B1 thru dBEq20B20.
            The two removed are dBEq20B8 & dBEq20B15 which corresponds also with your numbering example of 7 & 14.

The real question is not about the two dummy sliders, but rather the two upper sliders which operate 14KHz & 19KHz respectively. They do not appear to be functioning in any skin packaged w/ 20-band Eq, or in the two new 18-band Eq skins. Or at least not with dAP r3 Beta6.

Wondering if this can be verified?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The code looks fine, can you even hear to 19Khz?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

That should answer Razgo's inquiry. I think I can still hear 14K.
                Thanks.

Best wishes.
                Craze

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

yes, maybe it was an older version that was supposed to be 19k but was less. i thought i would here something listening to violins though. even if the sound is slight there should be something, but there is nothing at all. so thats what makes me suspicious.

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

ok, so i downloaded winamp so i could use the VST plugin so i could use this EQ: http://www.elementalaudio.com/cgi-bin/demo/demo.cgi
                    download "equim" then crank up a classical peice and use the 20000 Hz and hear the difference.

then load dap and hear nothing? and the 14K appears dead also.
                    Last edited by Spoons; March 03, 2006, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Craze
                      dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Follow Up: The Equalizer is working just fine.
                      A quick check can be performed with the attached Eq-Preset which bottoms out all sliders to maximum cut. The idea being for the user to be able to adjust any slider to maximum boost and hear some change.

Of course this is dependent upon a file having the upper freqs discussed, and a pair of ears that aren't worn out.
                      Just copy it into your "Equalizer-Presets" folder.
                      (18-Band version).

Comment

Working...

]]>