title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 on Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blainej
    • Sep 2002

mp3 on Windows Media Player

I ripped a few CD's, coverted the tracks to mp3 and moved some of these to my casio E-100 with Windows Media Player installed. First of all it took nearly 30 minutes to transfer one mp3 file from my PC to the Casio's flash card. Secondly, even though the track was on the playlist it wouldn't play it - WMP just kept playing the little track that comes installed with the player. Anyone have experience along these lines? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Grrrrr8
    • Feb 2005

Re: mp3 on Windows Media Player

Wow, this was long ago! well maybe someone else is interested. if it shows on the playlist but doesnt play, maybe it is the codec or the program used to encode the mp3's is putting "junk frames" before the information header so that the player can not find the info it needs to play the mp3.

Magnus Brading Software - makes a program called mp3 / tag editor and if you can find it you can download and use it for free for as long as you can stand the nag screens. It has a area called repair and trim files. one of the repair options involves removing "junk frames before the (whatever its really called) header that includes information about number of frames and bit rate and length information for Variable Bit Rate mp3's.

I read in another post here that some encoder verions pad the beginning with like 100 zeros, or something. Others (i think musicmatch jukebox) appear to do the same sort of thing, probably just to get back at you for using a different player! Give it a try!

- Grrrrr8

Comment

Working...

]]>