title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Repeat/loop Function ????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunny
    • Sep 2002

Repeat/loop Function ????

Where is the REPEAT/LOOP function on this software ???!!

This is crazy : each time i try to simply listen one album (again and again : a simple "loop"... as other softs usually call this, lol), at the end of each track, they simply disappear : no infinite REPLAY seems available !!! : seems crazy to me ; i can't simply use the "shuffle"/"random" play on my 400+ mp3 everytime: when i want to simply listen and listen again and again A SAME NEW/SPECIFIC ALBUM/PLAYLIST/SELECTION OF SONGS (doing something else in the meanwhile), how are you supposed to do ?!? Same thing at the end of the "playlist manager"... at the end, nothing else happens, this simply stops : this is stupid, this apparently can't even begin again with track#1, etc: sigh !

This soft is apart this fabulous for the sound i can obtain (much brilliant than under winamp, etc, for me)... and the personnal collection concept / ease of use is really and simply fabulous (once we are used to it, lol) : this changed all the mp3 habbits, and this is great (especially the configurable auto volume dynamic boost up/down if necessary according to the tracks, to have an equal sound without to normalize/corrupt the original files) !!

... BUT HOW DO YOU OBTAIN THIS STUPID *ùù*ù**ù SIMPLE INFINITE LOOP/REPEAT, which is usually even on the most crappy players ???!!

Arf... i hope i simply missed a switch or something here,

TIA ! ,)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

To listen to an album again and again - add it to a play list and enque it lots of times.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sunny
      • Sep 2002

Oh ! Yes, sure, why not : better than nothing, sure.

Thx for the idea !...

I just hope that the future version of this (apart this "little" annoyance) will add JUST this sort of little button on the main panel (and in collection too), like the other simple "reverse" button mode : this is simple too, and can be very appreciated for such cases !!...

Ah ! another little "annoyance" that bug me a little : i recently discovered the lame 3.92/Razorlame/EAC fabumous combos (for mp3..)... and the famous near perfect top of the edge (2002..) new magical mp3 formula : --alt -preset standard ... this makes top of the edge mp3 VBR files (for mp3) ...
      Problem here again : dBpowerAMP *almost* systematicaly screw up the *real* VBR kbps (all other recent players i have *don't* do this and can understand mp3 VBR average kbps !) : this is always strange to see in your near perfect lame 3.92 APS collection files with "32/96/128 kps", etc!... Strange... but not very important, anyway (other annex specialized mp3 programs can give the perfect ID3 tags technical infos if we really want them for analysis, so np), just a little annoyance so (but far less annoying than the loop problem above, np) !

So :

Great soft apart this, in the current version so (we don't everytime have time for everytime put 10+ enque of the same playlist!.. i dont even mention the fact that you can want to ADD tracks sometimes after the first entries, lol... a simple button will make them loop too, here we must repeat the enqueX process, arg... not very intuitive nor ergonomic to use !! ,) ).

I really hope the next version will correct those "minor" observations (aka make the thing more simplier for this), and this will be perfect. I really *love* the easy transparent sound quality AND look and feel of the general compile collection : when you have a large mp3 library, this is really a all new way to just concentrate on your music and have the maximum pleasure, with a very special interface that let you choose exactly what you want with great quality and pleasure.. you can really concentrate here ONLY on your music, this is GREAT (really!). Other mp3 players give me a much lesser sound quality with a much *ù*ùù* headhache setup (especially messy "Equalizer", usually...)... even Winamp 2.81 with NAD plugin decoder give me *ù*ù*ù troubles concerning so-so final sound quality for me (especially winamp always disturbing Equalizer.. that messed up my sound card own Equalizer AND external hi fi Equalizer setup too!!.. 3 different equalizers are too much, apparently.. especially bad ones, lol). I really love the simpleness and great sound quality of bpPower in comparison, np !! I don't even talk about the pleasure of the collection look and feel when you have 300/400+ mp3s !! The usage is completely different of Winamp too.. playlist much less intuitive, etc... but for the core thing, the collection (and sound quality again), this is really great... really worth the change of mp3s habbits... a total different way to listen mp3s. This is disturbing/surprising at first (completely different way to deal with them / classical players..).. but in the end, this is really funny and pleasurable, sure. Other mp3 softs have a "collection" function too, but no one equal for me the effectivity of yours (effectiveness AND quality, and look and feel perfect for music pleasure concentration : only the music, not the settings (all is perfectly done behind), lol = exactly what a collection always should/must be!!). :o)

So, all in all, i didn't want that this sounds too much a critic and harsh tone (not at all my intention) : if only the 2 little "annoyances" (NO easy global "loop" button and inexact VBR average kps for lame 3.92 2002 top of the edge mp3 quality settings.. -ergonomic youth, imo, just that) could be fixed in future releases, i am SURE that your players could be much much more well known !!!...

Ah, last thing :
      Usually, the loop function button is divided in TWO modes :
      1/ loop only the current song in the playlist (no need to remove other songs in playlist..)... especially great if you love 1 song in an album/playlist, want to listen it 2/3 time before going on with the rest of the playlist!
      2/ Full loop : for ALL the playlist (or, here Collection Selection too, as those are 2 different things here..) - the standard basic loop so!
      Winamp can do this, Sonique can do this, etc : this is really basic, lol ! : for this, they are very good... not for the rest compared to Bppower, so the little sigh here, just this...

And please, why to make DISAPPEAR the songs in the Collection Navigator player when you simply press the button "skip up/down" (or they have just been just played) !!... Same observation.. sometimes, you just want to skip a song to quickly go to 3/4 song after it, but this doens't mean that you want to withdraw them !!..

Greetings, and sincerily yours, was just 2/3 observations so : geat program for the rest, as i said above anyway. If only you could correct this, it will just be even greater and easy/day-to-day pleasure to use so !!

Comment

Working...

]]>