title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

TuneFusion doesn't add all of my albums to the library

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan1985
    • Apr 2024

TuneFusion doesn't add all of my albums to the library

I've just purchased the full version of TuneFusion. At first I took the free trial version, but it seems it only selected a limited number of albums from my shared folder - no idea on what basis.
    I thought there would be a limitation on the number of songs in the free trial version. So I bought the full version.

After installation, it turns out that no more additions were made to my library. Also when I Sync again, nothing changes.

What could this be due to?

Does this have something to do with a maximum length (100 characters) of the source file? If so, can I increase this 100 characters somewhere?
    I have a rather extensive library (>100,000 songs). Is there perhaps a limitation on this?

Any thoughts?

Kind regards, Jan
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

I don’t think it is track limitation. Mine sees all ~140,000 files. Plenty of users have much larger collections.

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

You are running Tune Fusion on a PC? Your tracks are on a NAS? If the NAS is running LINUX, it probably uses a routine called Samba to allow Windows to access the files on the LINUX device. Samba has a maximum directory link of 255 characters. If the "fully qualified" pathlength (directory plus filename) of your LINUX file exceeds that, it may be invisible to Windows software. The only solution is to shorten the file and/or directory name(s). If this is your issue, it is not a TuneFusion issue, it is a limitation of your system.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps the format of the audio tracks?

If they are WMA that is not supported on macOS
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jan1985
          • Apr 2024

No Linux, Windows 10. Also very little WMA, most MP3.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Perhaps the files have no ID Tags? there will be a reason why they did not go across.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Katanauup
              • May 2024

Hello, I am having a similar issue. At first It wasn't noticeable however now it is irritating. It is a solid chunk of my music just missing. Whenever I finish a sync it always says "sync finished with errors". If it matters, I am using Win 10 + IOS 17 (updated to latest software on both devices.) Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

This is different if saying there are errors, you would have to click edit on the sync, then the menu to look at the logs, this will show what the error is.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jan1985
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
                  Perhaps the files have no ID Tags? there will be a reason why they did not go across.
                  Yet they have ID tags. i have edited many of them for my iTunes library. I have many more albums in my iTunes library than in my Foobar2000 library. I have no idea what's the problem... :(

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Edit the sync >> options >> next sync (refresh all), then look at the log files they might show what is happening.

Also check nothing is under source filtering which would filter out certain files.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>