title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 

PerfectTunes AR results affected by metadata ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FrancescoT
    • Mar 2024
    • 41

    #31
    This is a Google Drive link of two successive rips of Columbia MK-39511, including logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

    Comment

    • FrancescoT
      • Mar 2024
      • 41

      #32
      This is a Google Drive link of two successive rips of Le Chant Du Monde LDC-278885, including logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

      Comment

      • FrancescoT
        • Mar 2024
        • 41

        #33
        This is Google Drive link of two successive rips of Columbia MK-42022, including logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

        Comment

        • FrancescoT
          • Mar 2024
          • 41

          #34
          This is a Google Drive link of two successive and perfectly superimposable rips of a more recent CD, Hyperion CDA68146: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link
          Let me know if you need more

          Comment

          • FrancescoT
            • Mar 2024
            • 41

            #35
            I've posted 4 Google Drive links (unapproved) of some rips. I hope the posts get approved for you to analyse. I can find plenty more examples of good and bad rips. Let me know if you need anything else.

            Comment

            • Doug Mackie
              • Feb 2022
              • 8

              #36
              Originally posted by FrancescoT

              At a wild guess it seems to be happening for old CDs (of the 80s and 90s, of which I have plenty) and not for more recent releases.
              I have seen this many times. On very old CDs some level of "disk rot" is common. Even an unplayed CD in its original shrink wrap can have disk rot. Often the damage is invisible and inaudible.

              Details on disc rot are here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

              A clue to a rot diagnosis is that the final tracks are usually affected first. Those are the tracks that are nearest to the outer edge of the CD. Often the inner tracks will rip perfectly.
              The culprit is corrosion of the reflective aluminum layer. Microscopic cracks or gaps in the protective lacquer typically spread inward from the CD outer edge. The cracks lead to oxidization of the nearby aluminum.

              Disc rot can cause a track to fail the AR check. If you have rip logs enabled they should show the tracks with errors. However, those errors may not be detected consistently across CD drives, as some drives can read damaged areas much better than others.

              With my CDs, the tracks sometimes sound fine, even when a rip log shows errors. So I do not panic if some errors on old CDs cannot be corrected. I use my ears to make the final judgment. For me it's a pleasant surprise when a really ancient CD gives an Accurate Rip for all tracks.

              Comment

              • FrancescoT
                • Mar 2024
                • 41

                #37
                Originally posted by Doug Mackie

                I have seen this many times. On very old CDs some level of "disk rot" is common. Even an unplayed CD in its original shrink wrap can have disk rot. Often the damage is invisible and inaudible.

                Details on disc rot are here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

                A clue to a rot diagnosis is that the final tracks are usually affected first. Those are the tracks that are nearest to the outer edge of the CD. Often the inner tracks will rip perfectly.
                The culprit is corrosion of the reflective aluminum layer. Microscopic cracks or gaps in the protective lacquer typically spread inward from the CD outer edge. The cracks lead to oxidization of the nearby aluminum.

                Disc rot can cause a track to fail the AR check. If you have rip logs enabled they should show the tracks with errors. However, those errors may not be detected consistently across CD drives, as some drives can read damaged areas much better than others.

                With my CDs, the tracks sometimes sound fine, even when a rip log shows errors. So I do not panic if some errors on old CDs cannot be corrected. I use my ears to make the final judgment. For me it's a pleasant surprise when a really ancient CD gives an Accurate Rip for all tracks.
                Thanks for the clear explanation. Does you diagnosis fit with the fact that dBpoweramp invariably declares all rips as accurate with all the available confidence but in fact produces audio files that have different md5 signatures from rip to rip, and with the fact that PerfectTunes thinks that the rips are not even in AR?

                Comment

                • Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 44093

                  #38
                  Checking the discs you sent, first one, both discs are identical:

                  Hyp-CDA68146_OK

                  CRC32 MD5 AccurateRip CRC Filename

                  1A77FA8A 86D3E93AC5FCC12930DAFA6C1E6A082C 05DDAA20 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\01-Track 1.flac
                  1A77FA8A 86D3E93AC5FCC12930DAFA6C1E6A082C 05DDAA20 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\01-Track 1.flac

                  017D261E 1D1E2CAAE16F951D1E3F16494A2314F6 5C79B81E R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\02-Track 2.flac
                  017D261E 1D1E2CAAE16F951D1E3F16494A2314F6 5C79B81E R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\02-Track 2.flac

                  28E6B96D F030E307363C3A560FDFDA640EFE12C4 A6D62D8E R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\03-Track 3.flac
                  28E6B96D F030E307363C3A560FDFDA640EFE12C4 A6D62D8E R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\03-Track 3.flac

                  C3629609 0A873E0F442608B76A9E8842FBCB8561 642F082D R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\04-Track 4.flac
                  C3629609 0A873E0F442608B76A9E8842FBCB8561 642F082D R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\04-Track 4.flac

                  447A7B10 7F1E497F2A0C551060F21E1B372D8A3F 2A041E21 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\05-Track 5.flac
                  447A7B10 7F1E497F2A0C551060F21E1B372D8A3F 2A041E21 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\05-Track 5.flac

                  BFA74ED6 A274C06721D8C27BC6B4BBA883E554EA 5C345753 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\06-Track 6.flac
                  BFA74ED6 A274C06721D8C27BC6B4BBA883E554EA 5C345753 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\06-Track 6.flac

                  01EF8F1B 34B1A8C95CBCC96AA0D168B50A41A55F F59466C5 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\07-Track 7.flac
                  01EF8F1B 34B1A8C95CBCC96AA0D168B50A41A55F F59466C5 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\07-Track 7.flac

                  459C740B 6CC0CD7373FC3DA41BC8C55746BB9D03 97789906 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\08-Track 8.flac
                  459C740B 6CC0CD7373FC3DA41BC8C55746BB9D03 97789906 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\08-Track 8.flac

                  5723D06F 3CC57DCAB75308C5B81CDF2DE4988862 9CAC523F R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\09-Track 9.flac
                  5723D06F 3CC57DCAB75308C5B81CDF2DE4988862 9CAC523F R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\09-Track 9.flac

                  068EDB22 742E51071BC42AA6951AE4E02CB72C44 FB8C4D49 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\10-Track 10.flac
                  068EDB22 742E51071BC42AA6951AE4E02CB72C44 FB8C4D49 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\10-Track 10.flac

                  6BAE0DCB 2C520DDAD2FDD6B094EEA4A076248E80 9C214415 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\11-Track 11.flac
                  6BAE0DCB 2C520DDAD2FDD6B094EEA4A076248E80 9C214415 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\11-Track 11.flac

                  D344C1D9 773F153A2A1444A7F750A07A84DE4942 90E20499 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\12-Track 12.flac
                  D344C1D9 773F153A2A1444A7F750A07A84DE4942 90E20499 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\12-Track 12.flac

                  717B0290 90DA9D04883115814F55491EF240C8C0 79977416 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\13-Track 13.flac
                  717B0290 90DA9D04883115814F55491EF240C8C0 79977416 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\13-Track 13.flac

                  66C048A8 F25C2900402ECD14FE372D8FF2BAD6F8 AFAD97E9 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\14-Track 14.flac
                  66C048A8 F25C2900402ECD14FE372D8FF2BAD6F8 AFAD97E9 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\14-Track 14.flac

                  EFB0D11A 319A0AD1CDF3601D6816F538A3C5EC7A CACCB5E8 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\15-Track 15.flac
                  EFB0D11A 319A0AD1CDF3601D6816F538A3C5EC7A CACCB5E8 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\15-Track 15.flac

                  7267FD58 12B2C097D2440E4C5B9DF1BD032FE6FF FCA0C7D8 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\16-Track 16.flac
                  7267FD58 12B2C097D2440E4C5B9DF1BD032FE6FF FCA0C7D8 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\16-Track 16.flac

                  DC4EB239 0CA73DE71D6CA3E20C9EBD7C26288548 86FAD1ED R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\17-Track 17.flac
                  DC4EB239 0CA73DE71D6CA3E20C9EBD7C26288548 86FAD1ED R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\17-Track 17.flac

                  CDE97BC7 ECE045B958C80C71970CB655AF415260 C35ED1F5 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\18-Track 18.flac
                  CDE97BC7 ECE045B958C80C71970CB655AF415260 C35ED1F5 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\18-Track 18.flac

                  51AFA84D 7B001782ACAD1A59CF5F1756CECF718D 47797FDC R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\19-Track 19.flac
                  51AFA84D 7B001782ACAD1A59CF5F1756CECF718D 47797FDC R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\19-Track 19.flac

                  FB888375 F9BAE60F22DEB10F018B4C973353E84B 37E3C376 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\20-Track 20.flac
                  FB888375 F9BAE60F22DEB10F018B4C973353E84B 37E3C376 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\20-Track 20.flac

                  987DEE7A 4FAB15D7D6FA6DB92EC1059462A9166C E65476A3 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\21-Track 21.flac
                  987DEE7A 4FAB15D7D6FA6DB92EC1059462A9166C E65476A3 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\21-Track 21.flac

                  9E0A69E6 E8E5FFD4331666788E006DB3B98D1277 CFB48D74 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\22-Track 22.flac
                  9E0A69E6 E8E5FFD4331666788E006DB3B98D1277 CFB48D74 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\22-Track 22.flac

                  1853AFB0 FBA47787E2B3EBE95ABF493CE532D21D 41FD34B6 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\23-Track 23.flac
                  1853AFB0 FBA47787E2B3EBE95ABF493CE532D21D 41FD34B6 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\23-Track 23.flac

                  977D380D 760BDAEFB9706FE8CCE4759C116E1146 14E4D261 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\24-Track 24.flac
                  977D380D 760BDAEFB9706FE8CCE4759C116E1146 14E4D261 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\24-Track 24.flac

                  A08F4675 0AFD00D5F269C990B4259ED4792BA5AF 8607504C R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\25-Track 25.flac
                  A08F4675 0AFD00D5F269C990B4259ED4792BA5AF 8607504C R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\25-Track 25.flac

                  D9B26C0F 3DB5D355BED045DF5DABF191529C5344 19D8CE77 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\26-Track 26.flac
                  D9B26C0F 3DB5D355BED045DF5DABF191529C5344 19D8CE77 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\26-Track 26.flac

                  7B58ADAE 2E17513BAA158B5A836E8AFF6A5F7B7C 66E78C9F R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\27-Track 27.flac
                  7B58ADAE 2E17513BAA158B5A836E8AFF6A5F7B7C 66E78C9F R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\27-Track 27.flac

                  A2A71FBD 3770B72226B597D890C3463322A279CF CE0AD7ED R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\28-Track 28.flac
                  A2A71FBD 3770B72226B597D890C3463322A279CF CE0AD7ED R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\28-Track 28.flac

                  67867658 4105C6F55DE48C3D2EA322EAEF9E49EA 30B536A3 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\29-Track 29.flac
                  67867658 4105C6F55DE48C3D2EA322EAEF9E49EA 30B536A3 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\29-Track 29.flac

                  BCD611FE B7121EF21DD7910E39B9C65E82CA7AB3 152F5F00 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\30-Track 30.flac
                  BCD611FE B7121EF21DD7910E39B9C65E82CA7AB3 152F5F00 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\30-Track 30.flac

                  913CF68A 490001D12E236FDEB29E32BB940529B8 34C5E2D0 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\31-Track 31.flac
                  913CF68A 490001D12E236FDEB29E32BB940529B8 34C5E2D0 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\31-Track 31.flac

                  0CA986AD D051DF314F78B52DD62498EAFA92334E F5FD583C R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\32-Track 32.flac
                  0CA986AD D051DF314F78B52DD62498EAFA92334E F5FD583C R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\32-Track 32.flac
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

                  Comment

                  • FrancescoT
                    • Mar 2024
                    • 41

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Spoon
                    Checking the discs you sent, first one, both discs are identical:

                    Hyp-CDA68146_OK

                    CRC32 MD5 AccurateRip CRC Filename

                    1A77FA8A 86D3E93AC5FCC12930DAFA6C1E6A082C 05DDAA20 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\01-Track 1.flac
                    1A77FA8A 86D3E93AC5FCC12930DAFA6C1E6A082C 05DDAA20 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\01-Track 1.flac

                    017D261E 1D1E2CAAE16F951D1E3F16494A2314F6 5C79B81E R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\02-Track 2.flac
                    017D261E 1D1E2CAAE16F951D1E3F16494A2314F6 5C79B81E R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\02-Track 2.flac

                    28E6B96D F030E307363C3A560FDFDA640EFE12C4 A6D62D8E R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\03-Track 3.flac
                    28E6B96D F030E307363C3A560FDFDA640EFE12C4 A6D62D8E R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\03-Track 3.flac

                    C3629609 0A873E0F442608B76A9E8842FBCB8561 642F082D R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\04-Track 4.flac
                    C3629609 0A873E0F442608B76A9E8842FBCB8561 642F082D R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\04-Track 4.flac

                    447A7B10 7F1E497F2A0C551060F21E1B372D8A3F 2A041E21 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\05-Track 5.flac
                    447A7B10 7F1E497F2A0C551060F21E1B372D8A3F 2A041E21 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\05-Track 5.flac

                    BFA74ED6 A274C06721D8C27BC6B4BBA883E554EA 5C345753 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\06-Track 6.flac
                    BFA74ED6 A274C06721D8C27BC6B4BBA883E554EA 5C345753 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\06-Track 6.flac

                    01EF8F1B 34B1A8C95CBCC96AA0D168B50A41A55F F59466C5 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\07-Track 7.flac
                    01EF8F1B 34B1A8C95CBCC96AA0D168B50A41A55F F59466C5 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\07-Track 7.flac

                    459C740B 6CC0CD7373FC3DA41BC8C55746BB9D03 97789906 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\08-Track 8.flac
                    459C740B 6CC0CD7373FC3DA41BC8C55746BB9D03 97789906 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\08-Track 8.flac

                    5723D06F 3CC57DCAB75308C5B81CDF2DE4988862 9CAC523F R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\09-Track 9.flac
                    5723D06F 3CC57DCAB75308C5B81CDF2DE4988862 9CAC523F R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\09-Track 9.flac

                    068EDB22 742E51071BC42AA6951AE4E02CB72C44 FB8C4D49 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\10-Track 10.flac
                    068EDB22 742E51071BC42AA6951AE4E02CB72C44 FB8C4D49 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\10-Track 10.flac

                    6BAE0DCB 2C520DDAD2FDD6B094EEA4A076248E80 9C214415 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\11-Track 11.flac
                    6BAE0DCB 2C520DDAD2FDD6B094EEA4A076248E80 9C214415 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\11-Track 11.flac

                    D344C1D9 773F153A2A1444A7F750A07A84DE4942 90E20499 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\12-Track 12.flac
                    D344C1D9 773F153A2A1444A7F750A07A84DE4942 90E20499 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\12-Track 12.flac

                    717B0290 90DA9D04883115814F55491EF240C8C0 79977416 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\13-Track 13.flac
                    717B0290 90DA9D04883115814F55491EF240C8C0 79977416 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\13-Track 13.flac

                    66C048A8 F25C2900402ECD14FE372D8FF2BAD6F8 AFAD97E9 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\14-Track 14.flac
                    66C048A8 F25C2900402ECD14FE372D8FF2BAD6F8 AFAD97E9 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\14-Track 14.flac

                    EFB0D11A 319A0AD1CDF3601D6816F538A3C5EC7A CACCB5E8 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\15-Track 15.flac
                    EFB0D11A 319A0AD1CDF3601D6816F538A3C5EC7A CACCB5E8 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\15-Track 15.flac

                    7267FD58 12B2C097D2440E4C5B9DF1BD032FE6FF FCA0C7D8 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\16-Track 16.flac
                    7267FD58 12B2C097D2440E4C5B9DF1BD032FE6FF FCA0C7D8 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\16-Track 16.flac

                    DC4EB239 0CA73DE71D6CA3E20C9EBD7C26288548 86FAD1ED R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\17-Track 17.flac
                    DC4EB239 0CA73DE71D6CA3E20C9EBD7C26288548 86FAD1ED R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\17-Track 17.flac

                    CDE97BC7 ECE045B958C80C71970CB655AF415260 C35ED1F5 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\18-Track 18.flac
                    CDE97BC7 ECE045B958C80C71970CB655AF415260 C35ED1F5 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\18-Track 18.flac

                    51AFA84D 7B001782ACAD1A59CF5F1756CECF718D 47797FDC R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\19-Track 19.flac
                    51AFA84D 7B001782ACAD1A59CF5F1756CECF718D 47797FDC R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\19-Track 19.flac

                    FB888375 F9BAE60F22DEB10F018B4C973353E84B 37E3C376 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\20-Track 20.flac
                    FB888375 F9BAE60F22DEB10F018B4C973353E84B 37E3C376 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\20-Track 20.flac

                    987DEE7A 4FAB15D7D6FA6DB92EC1059462A9166C E65476A3 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\21-Track 21.flac
                    987DEE7A 4FAB15D7D6FA6DB92EC1059462A9166C E65476A3 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\21-Track 21.flac

                    9E0A69E6 E8E5FFD4331666788E006DB3B98D1277 CFB48D74 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\22-Track 22.flac
                    9E0A69E6 E8E5FFD4331666788E006DB3B98D1277 CFB48D74 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\22-Track 22.flac

                    1853AFB0 FBA47787E2B3EBE95ABF493CE532D21D 41FD34B6 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\23-Track 23.flac
                    1853AFB0 FBA47787E2B3EBE95ABF493CE532D21D 41FD34B6 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\23-Track 23.flac

                    977D380D 760BDAEFB9706FE8CCE4759C116E1146 14E4D261 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\24-Track 24.flac
                    977D380D 760BDAEFB9706FE8CCE4759C116E1146 14E4D261 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\24-Track 24.flac

                    A08F4675 0AFD00D5F269C990B4259ED4792BA5AF 8607504C R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\25-Track 25.flac
                    A08F4675 0AFD00D5F269C990B4259ED4792BA5AF 8607504C R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\25-Track 25.flac

                    D9B26C0F 3DB5D355BED045DF5DABF191529C5344 19D8CE77 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\26-Track 26.flac
                    D9B26C0F 3DB5D355BED045DF5DABF191529C5344 19D8CE77 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\26-Track 26.flac

                    7B58ADAE 2E17513BAA158B5A836E8AFF6A5F7B7C 66E78C9F R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\27-Track 27.flac
                    7B58ADAE 2E17513BAA158B5A836E8AFF6A5F7B7C 66E78C9F R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\27-Track 27.flac

                    A2A71FBD 3770B72226B597D890C3463322A279CF CE0AD7ED R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\28-Track 28.flac
                    A2A71FBD 3770B72226B597D890C3463322A279CF CE0AD7ED R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\28-Track 28.flac

                    67867658 4105C6F55DE48C3D2EA322EAEF9E49EA 30B536A3 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\29-Track 29.flac
                    67867658 4105C6F55DE48C3D2EA322EAEF9E49EA 30B536A3 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\29-Track 29.flac

                    BCD611FE B7121EF21DD7910E39B9C65E82CA7AB3 152F5F00 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\30-Track 30.flac
                    BCD611FE B7121EF21DD7910E39B9C65E82CA7AB3 152F5F00 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\30-Track 30.flac

                    913CF68A 490001D12E236FDEB29E32BB940529B8 34C5E2D0 R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\31-Track 31.flac
                    913CF68A 490001D12E236FDEB29E32BB940529B8 34C5E2D0 R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\31-Track 31.flac

                    0CA986AD D051DF314F78B52DD62498EAFA92334E F5FD583C R:\GV_R1\GV_R1\32-Track 32.flac
                    0CA986AD D051DF314F78B52DD62498EAFA92334E F5FD583C R:\GV_R2\GV_R2\32-Track 32.flac
                    Yes, that's what I wrote: this is one example where everything works as expected, just to show that the setup works. I have other examples of course. You should check the other ones.

                    Comment

                    • Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 44093

                      #40
                      Next one is more interesting, 'Columbia-MK42022'

                      Here the files are different,

                      CRC32 MD5 AccurateRip CRC Filename
                      216306C3 9BCA20C7CC7710AEA5DA71F6B7470B22 962EA5AC R:\R1\01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                      ​777DF4BA 4C3ED71A8F3E2EC8AC8F2DBC26E0DC43 B77FCA1E R:\R2\01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac

                      The flac files decode without error, so they were encoded with 216306C3 and 777DF4BA CRC32. However the ripping log has:

                      Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 45310 (10:04) in 0:53. Filename: /Users/franc/Music/CDRIP/01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
                      CRC32: BB044A7A AccurateRip CRC: 4F3BF8F3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 005-000991bf-002d0a01-300c2f05-1]

                      Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 45310 (10:04) in 0:52. Filename: /Users/franc/Music/CDRIP/01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
                      CRC32: BB044A7A AccurateRip CRC: 4F3BF8F3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 005-000991bf-002d0a01-300c2f05-1]

                      Both matching CRC32, however the files are not that, so something has happened to the files. I did notice:

                      DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="Audio CD - De-emphasis=(null)"

                      You are running a DSP effect, remove this please and repeat that disc.

                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

                      Comment

                      • Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002
                        • 44093

                        #41
                        LDC-278885 is the same as Columbia-MK42022, the FLAC files are different to CD Rippers CRCs, again the de-emphasis effect was used.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

                        Comment

                        • FrancescoT
                          • Mar 2024
                          • 41

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Spoon
                          Next one is more interesting, 'Columbia-MK42022'

                          Here the files are different,

                          CRC32 MD5 AccurateRip CRC Filename
                          216306C3 9BCA20C7CC7710AEA5DA71F6B7470B22 962EA5AC R:\R1\01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                          ​777DF4BA 4C3ED71A8F3E2EC8AC8F2DBC26E0DC43 B77FCA1E R:\R2\01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac

                          The flac files decode without error, so they were encoded with 216306C3 and 777DF4BA CRC32. However the ripping log has:

                          Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 45310 (10:04) in 0:53. Filename: /Users/franc/Music/CDRIP/01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                          AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
                          CRC32: BB044A7A AccurateRip CRC: 4F3BF8F3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 005-000991bf-002d0a01-300c2f05-1]

                          Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 45310 (10:04) in 0:52. Filename: /Users/franc/Music/CDRIP/01-Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90; I. Allegro con brio.flac
                          AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
                          CRC32: BB044A7A AccurateRip CRC: 4F3BF8F3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 005-000991bf-002d0a01-300c2f05-1]

                          Both matching CRC32, however the files are not that, so something has happened to the files. I did notice:

                          DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="Audio CD - De-emphasis=(null)"

                          You are running a DSP effect, remove this please and repeat that disc.

                          The DSP tab in the CDRIP main window is blank. I've unchecked the "Apply De-Emphasis to CD tracks marked with Pre-Emphasis" option -- which I've no idea how had got checked in the first place -- and now the CD rips ok with identical audio and logs in two successive rips. I assume it will be the same for all the other examples. Thanks for solving the problem.

                          Allow me to add, without you taking offence, that from the standpoint of the music lover end-user, who knows nothing about CD technology and only wants to transfer his/her music to disk, this is an utterly confusing and misleading occurrence. I have no idea if the problem can be handled directly within the software and how. I sure know that, as a developer, I would lose my sleep over it and, at the very least, I would put big red warnings all over the place exemplifying what the outcome of each wrong setting may be. We wouldn't have lost a week of our time. Thank you again.

                          Comment

                          • Doug Mackie
                            • Feb 2022
                            • 8

                            #43
                            Originally posted by FrancescoT

                            Thanks for the clear explanation. Does you diagnosis fit with the fact that dBpoweramp invariably declares all rips as accurate with all the available confidence but in fact produces audio files that have different md5 signatures from rip to rip, and with the fact that PerfectTunes thinks that the rips are not even in AR?
                            You are quite welcome.

                            Sorry but I have no idea why your DBPA results differ from mine. There are so many ways that our setups and our hardware my differ. My point was that disc rot is a common problem with very old CDs and may well be a factor here. I would be surprised if it is not.

                            As to why Perfect Tunes sometimes ignores AR, I have no idea.

                            Comment

                            • Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002
                              • 44093

                              #44
                              We shall investigate what happened here, it possibly is a bug in the processing of this function.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

                              Comment

                              • FrancescoT
                                • Mar 2024
                                • 41

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Spoon
                                We shall investigate what happened here, it possibly is a bug in the processing of this function.
                                I've just re-ripped Hyperion CDA66468 with the Apply De-emphasis option off. Here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ONF...usp=share_link
                                It includes all the logs. I still observe a discrepancy between dBp and PT, the first saying that track 10 is secure but inaccurate, the second saying that all 10 tracks are accurate. How can that be?

                                Comment

                                Working...

                                ]]>