title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sound ? Attn: xoas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

Sound ? Attn: xoas

Hello Bill, am starting a new thread about sound problems havea few questions that maybe you can point me in the right direction.

First, I deleted the other cd burner and I have re-installed the cd burner that came with my sony cd-rw writer. It included Nero express smart start verison (nero oem-6.3.1.4) right off the bat it informed me that there was a cd burn rom problem, contacted them by email with the simple question what do I do to correct or fix, of course they come back with a lengthy to do list which I felt was uncessary I have contacted them four times with no luck. I did find an upgrade that has two parts the first d/l takes 2 hours and haven't had the time to d/l it yet.

However, I did burn a cd from it last nite which sounded real good until:
    It started stuttering etc. I might mention before I put down the questions that I am using some Memorex cd-rw 12/700/80min cd's that I copy and erase and re-burn you might make a comment on that.

Some of these questions you me some possibilites on sound on a previous thread.

1-Slowing speed, how do I do that?
    2-How many cd's on a cd are too many?
    3-You mentioned something about "burn proof" not sure where to look for that.

I have noticed that when I am trying to copy a song from the internet which is automatically converted to wave the wm or if I have d/l some real audio files ra, ram etc the song will stop restart an so on. How do you copy files with out all the distortions and racket.

I noticed on the cd I burned laste nite that the first two songs were good, after that the songs started to go into a stuck tpye situation but wood continue to play with many distortions. I know it was not my cd player it is a new Panasonic job.

Appreciate your thoughts and how you copy songs with out all the noise. I also might mention that I am able to use dmcPoweramp and convert to wave while it is playing on the internet. I just have to find them when they are done.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Sound ? Attn: xoas

It will be the brand of CD-R disc, normal cd players can be very picky of the type and brand of cd-r disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Java
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Spoon, I am using Memorex cd-rw 12x/700mb/80min. Also I went into the settings on neroand I changed the writing speed from 10x(1500kbs) to 8x(1200kbs). That seemed to help, I burn 16 songs only one had a slight skip.

I also found that there was a setting, that had "lg cd-rom crd-83225 v.1.05 and I changed that to sony cd-rom crx230ed vays".
      Don't know what all that means at this point but I figure that anything that I do with nero and sony should match.

Thanks

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

You mentioned something about "burn proof" not sure where to look for that.
        With Nero, I believe this is called "Smart Burn." There's a box to check after you have set up your CD and right after the window where you set your burning speed.

How many cd's on a cd are too many?
        Most disks now are rated for 80 minutes of music in CD format.
        However, different players, in my experience seem to have trouble as they get into the last few minutes. I usually have done ok with 78 minutes of music. But different players may have difficulty with the last few tracks for such CDs. EDIT: I notice that Nero 5.5 (which I have) seems to indicate that everything below 74 minutes with a blue bar, from 74 to 80 minutes with Yellow, and above 80 minutes with a red bar. So perhaps one might be safer to say that anything below 74 minutes should be definitely safe.

Slowing speed, how do I do that?
        I see you have figured this out. Good work!

I take it your CD player is designed to play cd-r's and cd-rw disks (the rewritable disks you talk about). Most standard CD players will not recognize cd-rw discs. This will not affect what you hear on your player but I mention this so you don't try to take ot over to a friend's house so he can listen to it on his CD player only to find that his player cannot read the disc at all (voice of experience here).

As far as your blips, burning requires a lot of your processor's attention. I try never to do anything on my computer (not net surfing, word processing, computer solitaire-nothing) while I am burning.

When blips occur, you might want to make sure that the blip is constant whether you play it on your computer or on other CD players. I might also make sure the blip was not in the original file. Your player and the type of disk you use can also make a difference. For burning to standard CD format for playing on a standard CD player, I usually use disks that are designated as Audio CD or Music CD discs (these have reflective properties more similar to commercial CDs than most data or computer discs do.

Hope these ideas help.

Best wishes,
        Bill
        Last edited by xoas; November 30, 2005, 11:08 AM. Reason: Add Info

Comment

• Java
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2005

Hi Bill, sifting thru nero files I found the smart burn and it was enabled. Is there a particular read and write speed that is normal. I found speeds from 52x7800kbs to 4x600 kbs. I think I used 8x1200kbs which seemed to work fine.
          Also I found in this nero writer an audio track info that you can set to reduce the noise, typwriter sound etc.

While I am not into mp3 I saw a section that you can if I understood it correctley you can burn mp3 and it will convert to wave thru there player.

One more question for now, I have seen reference to some how capturing music from a tape or from a record to a computer to be converted. Do you have any knowledge of this. I have a lot of tapes and records and if that is possible I might give it some thought.

Thaks

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Java
            One more question for now, I have seen reference to some how capturing music from a tape or from a record to a computer to be converted. Do you have any knowledge of this. I have a lot of tapes and records and if that is possible I might give it some thought.

Thaks
            That's what dMC Auxiliary Input is about. Check the FAQ section: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Well I see that you are getting along. Let me just raise a few issues:

Also I found in this nero writer an audio track info that you can set to reduce the noise, typwriter sound etc.
              Where are you noting this noise? If the noise is in the files you recorded through Auxilary Input, they really should not be there. My guess is that you have more than one recording source rstablished for Auxilary Input. Open Auxilary Input, click on Options, click on the button that reads Select by the title Input Source. In this window, which is titled Recording Control, check to make sure that only one of your recording sources is checked. For recording off of your sound card, the source you want will be something like "Stereo Mix". All the other boxes should be UNchecked. If, for example, you check both Line Input and Stereo Mix and try to record a music file stored on your computer, you could end up recording sounds from your line input source as well. As for your typewriter noise, I wonder if you have your microphone source checked along with an operating typewriter somewhere in the vicinity of your typewriter.

While I am not into mp3 I saw a section that you can if I understood it correctley you can burn mp3 and it will convert to wave thru there player.
              Yes. This would be called an mp3 disk. Depending on your burner, you can also burn disks to Windows Audio Format or to other formats. This is most useful for people who either have a portable player or a car player that can read and play mp3 or wma formats. An mp3 disk can hold many more audio tracks than an ordinary CD. Other users might burn disks to back up their CDs either in a lossless format or a lossy format.

Yes. For this to work, you have to have some type of connection from your player to your computer. In my house, for example, I use a line output from my stereo to computer's line input. With this I can record from phonograph, tape deck or radio straight to my computer using Auxilary Input. Using a headphone output has been tried but tends to produce poor results. If you try to record this way, you will need to set your computer's Line Input as your recording source (in the Recording Control window I mentionned above). Both Christina's link to the FAQ for Auxilary Input and your Auxilary Input Help files (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dMC Auxilary Input Help) are good references as to other details in this process.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• Java
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jul 2005

Thanks again Bill, I did notice that after I used the nero express to burn a cd the copied cd did not have any on the noises I heard before. Apparentley the free cd burner I had on board did not do a good job.

Comment

Working...

]]>