title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip from 2 drive simultaniously

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • codedragon
    • Jun 2005

Rip from 2 drive simultaniously

I have 2 drives on my system. Is there any way to run two instances of Audio CD input? I know I have more than enough processing power to do this.

Damon
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Rip from 2 drive simultaniously

You may have enough processing power to do it, but what you do not have is the system resources to handle it. Ripping a CD taxes the CD Drive and the Hard Drive and therefore saturates the IDE bus. Ripping two CDs at the same time would probably end up being slower than ripping them separately. Also, see here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1026

Comment

• codedragon
      • Jun 2005

Actuall, my system is not taxed. My HD is a raid0 array on SATA 150 slots and each CD-ROM drive has its own IDE port. As it is, I am ripping one CD down as a .APE while I convert the previous CD to a 128br .MP3 for my IRiver with spare resources. This machine was built with the specific intention of ripping CD/DVD information.

Damon

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Wait, your ripping your CDs to 2 formats? Well, that's different. You can rip one CD to ape and convert the other CD to mp3. All you do is click the rocket icon in DMC, go to "after all conversions run" and check "wait for finish" and then point it to your musicconverter executable. Now, after the CD finishes converting to APE, it'll open up dMC and you point it to the APE files and convert those. However.. this won't let your rip another CD after your first finishes ripping to APE.
        What you could do is just launch dMC after you rip one CD to ape and convert it to mp3 while the other CD is ripping.

And you'd still be overtaxing the HDDs in that they have to store the temp files and write the files to the HDD. Remember that HDDs cannot normally achieve over about 70MB/s sustained write speed, even RAID0. In fact, single HDDs normally hover around 60MB/s.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is something that will be added in the next 6 months.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>