title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem when converting .ogg to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Semper
    • Feb 2005

Re: Problem when converting .ogg to mp3

Originally posted by adaywayne
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I know this doesn't solve your problem, but do you have a particular reason for converting from OGG at 80Kbps to a so much higher bitrate in mp3? What happens if you convert the files to mp3 at 128Kbps....still the same problem?

Hi adaywayne.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Yep, I convert into 256 kbps .mp3 cause I want a better quality .mp3 (even for storage).
    I just tested converting a .ogg into .mp3 - 128 kbps, and doesn't seem to leave a lag at start of the .mp3.

I search the best quality and the wider usage in a software. dbpowerAMP is free, great and nearly a all-in-one, cause I can do almost everything with it.
    I wish I don't have to use a different software in order to convert .ogg into .mp3. So far I am very pleased with dbpowerAMP. I use it a lot as Music Converter, even to upgrade the bitrate in .mp3 = No major problems so far and quality is good.

Semper

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Semper
      Hi adaywayne.
      Yep, I convert into 256 kbps .mp3 cause I want a better quality .mp3 (even for storage). I just tested converting a .ogg into .mp3 - 128 kbps, and doesn't seem to leave a lag at start of the .mp3.

I search the best quality and the wider usage in a software. dbpowerAMP is free, great and nearly a all-in-one, cause I can do almost everything with it.
      I wish I don't have to use a different software in order to convert .ogg into .mp3. So far I am very pleased with dbpowerAMP. I use it a lot as Music Converter, even to upgrade the bitrate in .mp3 = No major problems so far and quality is good.

Semper
      ~~~~~~~~~~~
      Well, I'm afraid you are not going to get any better audio quality by converting to a higher bitrate in the same as, or in any other format than, the source.

What musical information you lost when you first compressed to OGG at 80-90Kbps, can never be recovered (unless you still have the original wave files/CD....whatever). So it is futile to convert to a higher bitrate in any format....just stick with the OGG files. If you must have them as mp3 files for compatibilty or other reasons, convert to that at about the same ( or slightly higher) bitrate. Even then, if anything, you will get slightly worse audio quality, since any conversion from one compressed format to another compressed format will introduce additional musical artifacts/distortion/loss of musical information....whatever you want to call it.
      Arnie

Comment

• Semper
        • Feb 2005

Thanks for the advice.

Semper

Comment

Working...

]]>