title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Download link

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Download link

Originally posted by adaywayne
    The part that still has me wondering is the file path to DMC (Error while running 'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\MusicConverter.exe')....from first post. How can DMC be installed inside an "mp3 burner" directory? And where is "Illustrate" in the path?

Or am I talking nonsense? My suggestion would be that he uninstall DMC and then reinstall it in the usual location....
    C:\Program Files..........
    As he said above, his C drive was filling up. In theory, it should not matter where dMC is installed to as long as everything else is installed there also. My dbPowerAmp items, for instance, are in C:\Program Files\dbPowerAmp.

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LtData
      As he said above, his C drive was filling up. In theory, it should not matter where dMC is installed to as long as everything else is installed there also. My dbPowerAmp items, for instance, are in C:\Program Files\dbPowerAmp.
      Of course you are corrrect. The part I have highlighted in bold is the $64 question. When you first install DMC doesn't it create a folder called "Illustrate" in which the dBPowerAmp folder and all its sub folders are contained? And is that not the path to which codec downloads (for example) are installed by default? One last question, if I may,....do you not have a folder named "Illustrate"?
      Cheers,
      Arnie

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
        Of course you are corrrect. The part I have highlighted in bold is the $64 question. When you first install DMC doesn't it create a folder called "Illustrate" in which the dBPowerAmp folder and all its sub folders are contained? And is that not the path to which codec downloads (for example) are installed by default? One last question, if I may,....do you not have a folder named "Illustrate"?
        Cheers,
        Arnie
        No, I chose to install all the dbPowerAmp items to C:\Programs\dbPowerAmp. I don't believe I even have an Illustrate folder. Also, whenever I install an additional codec, the installer points right to my different directory. So now, as you said, its a question of if he installed all the items into one location or if they are spread out. Also, if he installed dMC to the default directory and then moved just the folder to his new location, that would break his install.
        Last edited by LtData; January 30, 2005, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Hence the warning to make sure to always install to the same folder and if unable to manage this competently (in like you really know what you're doing, how and why), let the installer decide from the start where to install it and don't change that.

Programs like that don't take up all that much disk space, so trying to install them elsewhere and then forgetting where is counterproductive.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Was poking around in the registry and found a key with the name "InstalledTo" with the value "C:\PROGRAM FILES\DBPOWERAMP\" This appears to be where db stores the location of the program. If you install dAP and dMC to diferent folders this value is probably incorrect.

Comment

Working...

]]>