title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Download link

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akdiggy
    • Jan 2005

Download link

I purchased the Power Pack and mp3 encoder license on December 12, 2004. I did not get the program download link in the 7 day period as suggested. I will provide the order number upon request. I need another one generated to use the software. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by akdiggy; January 11, 2005, 05:23 PM. Reason: Wanted to remove my order number from a public forum
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Download link

just e-mail Spoon uisng the email from here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Spoon has said he has had bad whether and a lot of black out's recently so i would send your details now and i reckon he will get you sorted soon.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• akdiggy
        • Jan 2005

I went to the site you suggested to get a new license key. It gave me a username and password afterwards, and allowed me to download a registered copy. However, when I tried to install it, I got the following errors:

Error while running 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Ins891.tmp.exe

Error while running 'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\MusicConverter.exe'

Also, when I try to use the Music Converter, I get the message 'dbpowerAMP Music Converter is not installed'. Was I supposed to first uninstall the unregistered version and then install the registered one?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

No, you do not need to uninstall the unregistered version to install the registered version, I'm pretty sure.

Now, as to why it won't run. Were you logged in as an admin when you installed the program?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\

what is that drive? you are best installing to perhaps c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dbpoweramp
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• akdiggy
              • Jan 2005

Yes, I was logged in as an adminstrator when I installed it. The 'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\' path is where I installed it because my C drive is filling up.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>Error while running 'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\MusicConverter.exe'

Have a look in that folder, is musicconverter.exe in there?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• akdiggy
                  • Jan 2005

I will check. Any idea on the 'Error while running 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Ins891.tmp.exe ' message?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

>'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Ins891.tmp.ex e

That is a temporary file it is trying to run from the install, you might have a security program that is blocking the installer from running things.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• akdiggy
                      • Jan 2005

There are no security settings in those directories. I am logged in as the administrator during the install.

With regards to your earlier question, I have both the MusicConverter and DMCFileSelector executables in the dbpowerAMP folder. However, I did notice that in the MusicConverter.txt file, there was a message that read 'Unable to create compression CODEC 'Monkeys Audio', please check software installation'.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

That is just a previous error message from a previous encoding.

That Installer has been used to install 6,000,000 installs, I am not aware of a weakness in the installer, you might have a security program - such as ZoneAlarm, or Norton Security, they can jump in and stop things from running.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• akdiggy
                          • Jan 2005

I did not have any security programs running when doing the install. I was logged on as administrator, which has full permissions on all my folders. What should I do now? Can I download another copy of a licensed install and try again?

Comment

• Razgo
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

here is the process for downloading a registered copy.

you may have entered a wrong email address as an email for the download link is automated and should arrive shortly. if it doesn't arrive then it could be an anti-spam program that your running that stopped it. if this is the case then you can use a manual link retrieval system to have the link manually sent out. but it may take up to one week. see this page http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

or you can ask for a manual link that spoon will email you out. just use this email to do so http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Comment

• adaywayne
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2004

The part that still has me wondering is the file path to DMC (Error while running 'E:\MP3 burner\dbpowerAMP\MusicConverter.exe')....from first post. How can DMC be installed inside an "mp3 burner" directory? And where is "Illustrate" in the path?

Or am I talking nonsense? My suggestion would be that he uninstall DMC and then reinstall it in the usual location....
                              C:\Program Files..........

Comment

Working...

]]>