title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

When I convert MP3 to WMA the file is 2 1/2 time bigger.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iTunesIsEvil
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

Re: When I convert MP3 to WMA the file is 2 1/2 time bigger.

Originally posted by neilthecellist
    In school, we're learning Microsoft Visual Basic and a little of C++. We use Visual Basic to do programming stuff. Half the time when I compile stuff, I get a runtime error. I mean, is Microsoft stuff SUPPOSED to be buggy for something??
    I can't help myself...
    No, it's not supposed to be buggy. But your code isnt supposed to be buggy either Neil. So by the same token I'm wondering what in the world you're doing writing buggy code. Is neilthecellist stuff SUPPOSED to be buggy for something?? Runtime errors mostly pop up when you didnt plan for something happening.

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

oop sorry i meant syntax error.

I DON"t know!

Ugh at school I got caught for not doing my computer programming work (I was listening to music / surfing dBpowerAMP forums), so now I've been restricted from computer use for 2 days. I'm surfing right now via home computer. lol

Comment

• adaywayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dermotgw
        When I do as you suggest I pull down a Windows Media Audio 9 Voice file I get a very modest set of biterates - maximum 20kbps, 22kHz Mono
        This sounds very rough I'd like to make it larger but not as large as the mp3 I'm converting from 198kbps
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Don't select the WMA "Voice". Just stick with the Windows Media Audio V 9 and then go to the box under that to see a whole long list of bitrates, freqencies and mono/stereo option.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

WHY on earth did you select voice anyways?? Even 3rd graders at the elementary school I used to go to know not to use Voice....unless it's for streaming.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
            WHY on earth did you select voice anyways?? Even 3rd graders at the elementary school I used to go to know not to use Voice....unless it's for streaming.
            Or for CDs that are just spoken, such as CDs released by Comedians.

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

but the point is: s/he never told us the WHOLE time.........argh I would have given the correct answer in the beginning.

Comment

Working...

]]>