title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem Converting Mp4 to Mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chi
    • Dec 2004

Problem Converting Mp4 to Mp3

I'm able to drag the files into Hymn and drop the proctection on the MP4, but when i try to convert it with DB it's giving me a windows error :(
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Problem Converting Mp4 to Mp3

Originally posted by Chi
    I'm able to drag the files into Hymn and drop the proctection on the MP4, but when i try to convert it with DB it's giving me a windows error :(
    Have you installed the decoding codec for mp4 from Codec Central?
    And what are the inpout file specs (bits, bitrate, freq, etc) and the output file specs (type, bits, freq, etc)?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Chi
      Can you play the files that Hymn outputs?

Comment

• Chi
        • Dec 2004

Yea i have the decoder installed.

It comes in as an Itune File from Itunes so im not sure of the bitrate,etc.. but when i convert it through Hymn (I just drag it into Hymn shortcut, I guess thats how u do it)

Extension .M4a
        Freq. 44100
        Bitrate 128
        Codec AAC

Then I get the convert to tag when i left click i try to convert to Mp3 and it gives me a windows error: Im running XP Home Sp2

AppName: musicconverter.exe AppVer: 6.0.0.2 ModName: mp4.dll
        ModVer: 4.1.4.2 Offset: 000017c7

is the error i get

The funny thing is I did another song last week that came from Itunes unprotected and coverted it without a problem.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Can you play that mp4 file?

Comment

• Chi
            • Dec 2004

Ekk forgot to add it's not letting me play the Hymn file after its converted, gives me some not authorized message in Itunes.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Can you play the m4p protected file in Itunes?

Apparently Hymn isn't able to remove the copy protection then. It seems that Apple changed the version or some other aspect of the copy protection to prevent Hymn from working. You can always try dMC Auxilary Input to record the song to wav as you have Itunes play the song.
              Aux. Input Instructions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362

Comment

• Chi
                • Dec 2004

Apple is really making me dance for my dollar it seems

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

You can try what is suggested at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...9&postcount=80 .

Comment

• Chi
                    • Dec 2004

Found a better way. I tried the plugin, but it made the song sound bad after being recorded. So i let Itunes burn a disc, which converted the files to CDA's then i opened that with another program, Creative Media Source (GF has a Zen Mirco whole reason im doing this for her) then i was able to convert he CDA's to Mp3's on the disc and BAm it was done then i copied them to the Zen.

Thanks for the speedy responces fatest ones ive gotten on any board besides a flame lol

BTW: Great Job on the Audio Player :smile2:

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Chi
                      Found a better way. I tried the plugin, but it made the song sound bad after being recorded. So i let Itunes burn a disc, which converted the files to CDA's then i opened that with another program, Creative Media Source (GF has a Zen Mirco whole reason im doing this for her) then i was able to convert he CDA's to Mp3's on the disc and BAm it was done then i copied them to the Zen.

Thanks for the speedy responces fatest ones ive gotten on any board besides a flame lol

BTW: Great Job on the Audio Player :smile2:
                      LOL, if you did manage to burn an audio cd from iTunes, then dMC Audio CD Input would have ripped it and converted to anything else :D

Comment

Working...

]]>