title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installation problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Devoil

• Dec 2004

Installation problems

I downloaded the dBpowerAMP package and installed them on a PC under Windows 98se (Music Converter (rel 11), Power Pack, Audio Player, and codecs for Flac & monkeys audio). All worked fine, a nice piece of software (could have a couple of "wish-list" items regarding options for displaying large music libraries). After the Power Pack option expired I registered it, downloaded a package to install over the existing installation as instructed, all appeared to be fine, but I discovered a couple of features which used to work but which now do not, tried uninstalling and then re-installing, made no difference. Problems found so far:-

1) The Options panel on Audio CD Input allows you to change the folder to rip to, clicking twice on [Set] bring up a panel for browsing through the discs and selecting a folder. This no longer works (but can type in new folder name in the box above the pull-down list).

2) When playing a random (or selective) selection from the music library the player now stops playing at the end of each track, a further random track can be selected after hiting the skip button.

The files downloaded and installed were: dBpowerAMP-r2.exe & dMC-r11-Registered.exe

Any suggestions for fixing this?

regards,

John
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Installation problems

For your first problem, I am at a bit of a loss. Did you install the Windows 98 system updates (I am lead to understand that Windows 98SE needs these as well)? If not, go here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Windows95-Update.htm and download and install the 2 system files for Windows 98. Restart the computer. See if that makes any difference.

For #2: Upgrade to release 3 beta of dBpowerAMP Music Converter (available from the beta test section of the forum here:
    This is Release 3 beta 6, highlights include: Crossfade on Skip, support for 24 bit audio, DSP effects. dAP has been updated with a major new feature - syncing with a portable device (as handled by Sveta). Under 'Collection' button is a 'Synchronize with portable player', select the player and if necessary set also a

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Installation problems

For dAP make sure that crossfade is off, and try the other output to option (dAP Options Menu >> Amp >> Output to).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>