title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem ripping to iTunes AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamman
    • Aug 2004

Problem ripping to iTunes AAC

Hi everbody, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to start with praising this wonderful software!
    Since I am planning to get an iPod i wan't to encode my cds to aac. I've used to rip my cds using iTunes, but it is big and slow. Plus I wan't to be able to encode from lossles (flac) in the future (read: when I can afford to get a bigger hdd). dMC seemed to fit my needs perfectly. So I installed it along with the iTunes codec. iTunes and QuickTime(6.5.1) are installed on the system. When I try to rip a cd it rips the cd succesfully, but when the encoding is supposed to start a error message pops up:
    "Line 2: run c:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\QuickTimePlayer.exe c:\\~temp.wav. Error: Unable to run program. (Ensure that backslashes \ have been used properly"
    Well, QuickTimes directory on my computer is C:\Program\QuickTime. I tried to reinstall it to change the directory to Program Files, but there was no such option in the installer. I have specified the location to the encoder in dMC, reinstalled all of the software mentioned above several times, no luck.
    I hope you can help me and I apologise for my spelling
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem ripping to iTunes AAC

My first guess is that while you have dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) installed, you might not have installed the codecs required to perform your conversion. dMC codecs are available from the Codec Central link in the QuickLinks box at the top of this page.
    You will want (I think) the AAC/mp4 decoder, the Psytel AAC encoder and the AAC enc add-on, the Quick Time mp4 encoder and the AAC>mp4/mp4>AAC encoder. Download and install these to their default locations. (You can find the dMC FLAC codec at codec Central as well).
    If thiis does not address your problem or if these measures don't help, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There is a ini file that is installed with the dMC Apple codec - edit it with notepad and change the path.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hamman
        • Aug 2004

Spoon: There is no .ini file present in the dMC directory. I did a windows search for *.ini files changed during the last week, but none of the search results seemes to match. Do you know where the file is supposed to be located?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It might not be .ini (I am away can cannot check), it will be in:

dbpoweramp\Compression\some itunes folder
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• shallowhal
            • Mar 2005

I have a question. If I get itunes music from a friend, what exactly in laymens terms do i need to convert the MP4 itunes music to MP3 format. Please help.
            thanks,
            Hal

Comment

• Tomb
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by shallowhal
              I have a question. If I get itunes music from a friend, what exactly in laymens terms do i need to convert the MP4 itunes music to MP3 format. Please help.
              thanks,
              Hal
              Read the FAQ

Comment

Working...

]]>