title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3>MP4 = Crash of Program

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n3985

MP3>MP4 = Crash of Program

Hi, when I try to convert regular MP3s to MP4s (64bit), I will get an error message saying MPEG-4 AAC Encoder has encountered a probleem....etc. But the weird thing is, I was fine and suddenly on one song the program crashed, and hasn't worked since. I'm using these 2 codecs:

Thanks for any help
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: MP3>MP4 = Crash of Program

I am going to assume that when you talk about converting to mp4 "(64 bit)" that you mean mp4 at the 64 kbs bitrate.
    I am going to assume that you successfully converted some mp3 files to mp4 but that with one mp3 file the conversion crashed and now it won't work any more.
    This might have happened as a result of a contaminated mp3 file. I had one such file that caused repeated crashes. If you can identify this file and if it consistently causes other crashes (either with conversion or playback) test it for viruses and delete it from your system.
    It might have also happened if you overloaded the system with a large batch of conversions perhaps while running other programs in the background.
    Or it might be something else. If you can identify the mp3 file which caused the initial crash you might want to look at its bitrate, frequency and channels to see if there were any unusual qualities which might help explain the crash.

In any case, I think the repair is the same in any case, try uninstalling and reinstalling your mp4 encoder codec. Also install the AACenc codec over the Psyrel mp4 encoder.
    If you have not already instsalled the AACenc codec, that may very well be at the root of your problem.
    Let us know how you make out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• n3985

Hi, I did unistall and reinstall the main program as well as the codecs a couple of times only to yield the same result (and restarted upon reinstall). I do have both codecs needed to run the conversion, and the MP3s are not corrupted. Oddly, I installed the other MP4 codec, the FAAC one and it worked fine...any ideas as why the original codec keeps on crashing? Thanks for the help

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

It is not clear to me that you actually installed the AACenc codec over the top of the Psytel mp4 codec. If you did not, that probably explains the problem. Otherwise, I don't know what the problem coould be. I have successfully used the Psytel mp4 codec on my Windows XP home system without any problem. I downloaded and installed the mp4 & AAC decoder, the Psytel mp4 encoder, the AAC encoder, the AACenc file, the mp4 to AAC/AAC to mp4 codec and it works fine.
        I'm glad the FAAC encoder is working for you.
        Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

OK....haha the problem fixed itsslef, it is now working fine. Thanks for the quick replies and help.

Comment

• Help Me!!

Originally posted by xoas
            It is not clear to me that you actually installed the AACenc codec over the top of the Psytel mp4 codec. If you did not, that probably explains the problem. Otherwise, I don't know what the problem coould be. I have successfully used the Psytel mp4 codec on my Windows XP home system without any problem. I downloaded and installed the mp4 & AAC decoder, the Psytel mp4 encoder, the AAC encoder, the AACenc file, the mp4 to AAC/AAC to mp4 codec and it works fine.
            I'm glad the FAAC encoder is working for you.
            Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

what on earth are you guys talking about AACenc, FAAC e.t.c

I get the same problem, every now and then, when converting a batch of mp3 files and even audio disc, i get a few "encountered and error...* message, i click "dont send..." and it continues on till it meets another error. Then when i play it all back, there are some files that are considerablely cut down in lenght, that some only register as low as 3 seconds.
            The original MP3s and Discs play perfectly fine, no problems at all.

What is the problem here? please help. iTunes converts fine, but those are not compatible with my device.....Windows Media Player 9 converts to WMA fine, but not compatible.

I've been scouring the web for a repalcement MP3 to AAC program, in vain!!!

Comment

• hans-j�rgen
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Help Me!!
              what on earth are you guys talking about AACenc, FAAC e.t.c
              dbpowerAMP offers at least three different AAC codec plugins, the default one is or was PsyTEL FastEnc, then came PsyTEL AACEnc (the slow one), and third was FAAC. I don't know if there are other options for Nero AAC and iTunes, too.

I get the same problem, every now and then, when converting a batch of mp3 files and even audio disc, i get a few "encountered and error...* message, i click "dont send..." and it continues on till it meets another error. Then when i play it all back, there are some files that are considerablely cut down in lenght, that some only register as low as 3 seconds.
              See this thread where I answered a similar question:

Hi, i'm trying to convert wma to AAC (ok i know this is a pretty silly thing) using the pystel encoder downloaded on Codec Central. I've got a problem, the length of the tack is now 46 sec vs 4 min 56 sec on the original. Anyone knows about this ??? thx

PsyTEL FastEnc was quite buggy, especially with the -streaming and lower presets. You could also read some more about these different AAC codecs in the Audiocoding.com Wiki:

What is the problem here? please help. iTunes converts fine, but those are not compatible with my device...
              Interesting, what kind of device is this, a mobile phone?

Comment

Working...

]]>