title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting to AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Converting to AAC

Hi,

i'm trying to convert wma to AAC (ok i know this is a pretty silly thing) using the pystel encoder downloaded on Codec Central.

I've got a problem, the length of the tack is now 46 sec vs 4 min 56 sec on the original.

Anyone knows about this ???

thx
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Converting to AAC

I can't be sure if this would help but it looks like you may need to download and install the mp4/AAC decoder for tagging to work properly.
    Let us know if you've already done this. If not, let us know if this fixes things.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

thx, but it is not a tagging problem.

By length, i mean length of the music played. more tha 4 min are missing !!!

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Can you convert the wma file to another format (mp3, wav) successfully?
        If you convert some other file in wav to AAC do you also have the same trouble?
        Has this only happened with 1 wma file or does it happen with others?

Comment

• Unregistered

yes i can convert wma to mp3 or Wav

the conversion from wav to AAC is ok

this happens with every files

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Perhaps someone who has actually toyed around with AAC encoding could offer more help. It is strange that you can do the conversion in two steps but not one. Were I in your shoes, I would try first downloading and installing the mp4/AAC decoder to see if that helps. Then, if that didn't work, I would also download and install an mp4 encoder codec. I can't guarantee that either of these procedures will help but that is what I would do.
            But again, perhaps someone more familiar with AAC might lend a tip here.
            Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Tomb
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jun 2003

Pystel is slow and is now over two years old. The developer confirms that the last version is buggy. Use FAAC, which is being constantly developed, instead.

As for your problem I have no idea how over 4 minutes is missing! Try another encoder as mentioned above and see if the problem persists.

Comment

• hans-j�rgen

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tomb
                As for your problem I have no idea how over 4 minutes is missing! Try another encoder as mentioned above and see if the problem persists.
                I'm not sure if it matters any longer, but it might have been either a bug in FastEnc (the default AAC codec in dbpowerAMP) which was buggy with the -streaming and lower presets anyhow or a bug in combination with an newer mp4creator version that couldn't mux outdated MPEG-4 ADTS headers correctly due to an MPEG revision of this header. As a result most of the AAC input bytes were discarded, and the MP4 file was broken and much too small.

By the way, it's "PsyTEL", not "Pystel"...

Comment

Working...

]]>