title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Edit Tag Window half width

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Edit Tag Window half width

"Per my prior note, does anyone know the purpose of 'Advanced - Rewrite ID tag' and 'Advanced - Refresh from ID tag' in MMC’s edit tag, since changing the tag also seems to change the contents in the file at the same time?..."

Advanced-Refresh from ID Tag updates your track listing in MMC to reflect tag information you may have changed outside of dAP. I have not tried Advanced-Rewrite ID Tag. You might check to see if that serves the function you are asking about.

"Also, is there some sort of search function in the forum? Or a help function with MMC?"

Yes and yes. To search topics in the forum, scan to the top of the page and find the menu bar with the links starting with "User CP", "FAQ", and find the link that says "Search". MMC help is contained in the help folder for dBpowerAMP.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

I allows thought that changing the tag information within MMC didn't result in the original file being updated. The 'Advanced - Rewrite ID tag' option allows you to refresh the tag information held in the original file from the the update info in MMC.

Wayne

Comment

• bbethke
        • Mar 2004

When I use 'edit tag' in MMC to change genre, then close MMC, and view the tag on the file by opening the audio file with Windows Media Center, the genre in the tag in the file is changed. Since just changing the tag in MMC changes it in the file, the 'Options-Advanced-Rewrite ID tag' doesn't do anything, since the tag is already updated in the file automatically.

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

You are right. It must be something that was added with the latest release as I can not remember the files being updated at all.

Though it could be useful if for some reason the files id tag has been corrupted/updated and you want to refresh the information for the details held in MMC, without having to 'edit the tag'.

BTW The "arrange music option" can be used to rename files as long as the settings you specify still maintain the same folder structure that you currently have. In the past I have used it to add the track number to the beginning of every file held in MMC.

Wayne
          Last edited by Wayne; March 25, 2004, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• bbethke
            • Mar 2004

Thanks so much to Bill Mikkelsen and Wayne. You've guys answered all my questions and got me going on a great new software package.
            Bill Bethke

Comment

Working...

]]>