title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC CODEC Problem converting to .wav from MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sue visco
    • Feb 2004

dMC CODEC Problem converting to .wav from MP3

I'm trying to convert MP3's to small .wav files(32Kbit/s, 16,000 Stero 3Kb sec)
    I keep getting this error.....The CODEC required to compress(name of file & drive)could not be opened. I have all the codec's installed both in my Illustrate folder in program files & in my windows system folder too.
    Please help me Mr spoon man :cry:
    I even bought and installed the full version of the Power Pack.
    That was a waste of money.
  • ferris209
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2003

Re: dMC CODEC Problem converting to .wav from MP3

Try to re-install the entire DMC program, you may have an older version. Just re-install and then reset your system to makie sure evrything takes on the registry and then try it again. After you've tinkered with it a while you'll realize the powerpack is worth it, if you do as much ripping and converting as some of us do. Go to this link to download the newest DMC.

dBpoweramp Music Converter - mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

Comment

• Joseph
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2002

Not all combinations work with the wav codec. You might try using a different combination of settings and experiment with the results.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What type of wave file is it? PCM (uncompressed) or Mp3 compressed wave file?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sue visco
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
          What type of wave file is it? PCM (uncompressed) or Mp3 compressed wave file?
          Its a Mp3 wave file (32Kbit/s, 16,000Hz Stereo 3Kb sec)
          I have always been able to do this. It is under the MPEG Layer-3 wave
          catigory. In the past I have always been able to convert say a 5 Mg Mp3 file into a 1 Mg wave file. I need to be able to do this for space saving reasons. I can always convert the small wave to a CD quality PCM wave for burning. The setting is there, but i get that error that says that .....The CODEC required to compress could not be opened. Why won't it open?

I have XP Professional and was it was working fine until just about a week or so ago.
          Thanks for your help & time Mr. Spoon man.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try different frequencies as a test, also look in dMC Configuration and enble/disable the 'professional frequency conversion' option.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sue visco
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
              Try different frequencies as a test, also look in dMC Configuration and enble/disable the 'professional frequency conversion' option.

I tryed different frequencies and did the enable/disable option with no success. Could not get the codec to work right. I did find out that I can reduce the size of a mp3 file by using mp3[lame] and just reducing the frequenciey to get the file size I want. The only drawback with this is that its hard to tell what files need to be converted. I keep my mp3's and waves in the same folders. By having everything as a wave file it was easy to spot what files needed to be converted. I guess that I'll just have to convert each file as I download them.
              I really appriciate the help you have been to me on this issue.
              Thanks alot Mr. Spoon Man. :smile2: :komisch9:

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by sue visco
                I tryed different frequencies and did the enable/disable option with no success. Could not get the codec to work right. I did find out that I can reduce the size of a mp3 file by using mp3[lame] and just reducing the frequenciey to get the file size I want. The only drawback with this is that its hard to tell what files need to be converted. I keep my mp3's and waves in the same folders. By having everything as a wave file it was easy to spot what files needed to be converted. I guess that I'll just have to convert each file as I download them.
                I really appriciate the help you have been to me on this issue.
                Thanks alot Mr. Spoon Man. :smile2: :komisch9:
                I now have the same problem on two different computers in two diffeernt locations. Is there some sort of limit or time frame?
                I have treid everytihing in the above posts...

Comment

• Unregistered

The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Program Files\Kazaa\My Shared Folder\Sarah Evans - I Could Not Ask For More (1).wav' could not be opened.
                  I am getting this message when I try to convert to a .wav it worked about a week ago please help.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

No limts, try selecting 'change format' on the wave options.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>