title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

loss ripping speed...a persistant problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JVILLAS
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

loss ripping speed...a persistant problem

Hi, I still seem to be having this same problem, my only solution has been to disconnect cd drive and re-connect to restore high speed ripping. By loss of speed I mean 3x to 6x, and by re-connect I mean 30+x. I've tried allyour recommended solutions and they seem to work for awhile. Currently I'm using 2 plextor drives 40/12/40a, and 52/32/52 Premium. The first I use only for ripping and playback. Also other software I have is Plextools Pro v207, and Nero.I rarely use Nero. Tried ripping with Plextools and found 1st. ripp to be 30x 2nd.ripp fell to 8.5x, so same problem. I'm running XPsp1,Athlon 1.68ghz. All programs are updated to most current releases. All drives are recognized, and have tried all codecs including test conversion. Also DMC cofiguration is set to 2000/nt device IO and MMC, and have tried other config. settings. Also no difference if Power Pack is enabled or not. I can only guess that some setting is changing on me ,but I don't know how to track it down. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: loss ripping speed...a persistant problem

The drive is USB? Have you tried that 'Drive Speed' program to set the drive speed?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JVILLAS
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2002

Drive is internal. Have not looked at the drive speed program as of yet. I will check it out. Thankx

Comment

• JVILLAS
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by JVILLAS
        Drive is internal. Have not looked at the drive speed program as of yet. I will check it out. Thankx
        Spoon I may have finally found out why I was loosing rip speed. The problem occured once again just the other day. So I opened Plextools and went to drive settings and found that enable dma was uncheked, so I simply checked it and re-booted. Opened dmc audio cd and did a test conversion. It ripped at very high speed 30x to 40+x. Have done several rips since without a problem. Only thing is I don't know why or what causes my setting to slip, nor do I know what dma is about. At the very least I now know where to look first. :smile2:

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

When DMA (Direct Memory Access) is enabled, your computer's processor is not accessed.

more usefull info here: http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/10144.html

Comment

Working...

]]>