title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain nondestructive and Replay Gain (apply)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Replay Gain nondestructive and Replay Gain (apply)

Originally posted by Oortone
    I wonder if these help files go more in depth than the ones I can reach from the Mac version. Chosing help from the help menu on Mac brings me to the online help (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/index.html) which has very little (none?) info on the various choices of the DSP/Action-plugins.
    Did you see the DSP effect help link toward the bottom of this online help page?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
      Did you see the DSP effect help link toward the bottom of this online help page?
      Yep, lots of info there:

edit. Hmmm. I can't link the page I'm seeing. But click on the DSP help at the very bottom as Mille noted.

ps. The Windows version of dbpa is more developed. The OSX version is fairly new. The utility codecs are nor DSPs. They do things like add RG tags, edit tags, organize files, etc without reencoding the audio.

Also, if you have dbpa I'm surprised you are not using it for ripping rather than xld.
      Last edited by garym; November 30, 2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• Oortone
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by garym
        Also, if you have dbpa I'm surprised you are not using it for ripping rather than xld.
        When I started ripping I was still on older Mac OS and the version of dBPoweramp I downloaded wouldn't execute so I installed XLD and Max and chose XLD as main ripper.

Originally posted by garym
        Yep, lots of info there:
        [URL]ps. The Windows version of dbpa is more developed. The OSX version is fairly new. The utility codecs are nor DSPs. They do things like add RG tags, edit tags, organize files, etc without reencoding the audio.
        Actually right from the start I was aware that the Replay Gain and ID-tag processing "DSP" weren't DSP in the real sense of the word. What confused me was the fact that the Mac version had these kinds of undestructive processing just as the Windows version but no way to use them undestructively on lossy formats. From my point of view on Mac, the problem is not that there are functions missing. It's rather, there's one function I don't want to use which can't be bypassed. Realizing I needed a special extra "plugin" by almost the same name to bypass it was far from obvious.

Originally posted by mville
        Fantastic, there it is!
        When evaluating five softwares, reading manuals and scanning forums that sort of "hidden" links are easily missed in the process.

That important info deserves it's own headline just as much as "Edit ID tags".
        Thanks a lot anyway. This makes things a lot easier.

Comment

Working...

]]>