title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with Album Gain and R128

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Dread
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Problem with Album Gain and R128

Originally posted by garym
    Not sure how the foo pod component handles it. Aren't you using that now? What does it do?
    No, I'm not using anything yet. I'm just researching at the moment and getting my strategy together. Once I have found out what foo pod does I will add it to this thread in case anyone stumbles across it in the future.

Originally posted by garym
    If you use the dbpa method, and have both track and album gain, soundcheck will contain album gain value only.
    Well, in that case, I think I will leave iTUNNORM unticked. If I have to choose one gain type only for Soundcheck it would be Track, not Album. So I'll just have DBPA write the replay Gain and use something else to convert that to Soundcheck Track.

Many thanks for the help.

Comment

• Max Dread
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Re: Problem with Album Gain and R128

Plus, this might also be a good reason to no tick iTUNNORM in my situation:

When converting flac to mp3, I use the ReplayGain DSP to write Track Gain, Album Gain and the iTunNorm tag which, as I understand it, is used by iTunes/iPod to implement iTunes Soundcheck. Previously, I was using MP3Tag to write this tag. I have noticed that dBpoweramp writes an 'iTunNorm' tag while MP3Tag writes a

Comment

Working...

]]>