title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Professional Frequency Conversion / Speed Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brandonjp
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

Professional Frequency Conversion / Speed Issues

I've read several past posts, but am still a bit curious. I, too, have had a lot of headache lately from the time it takes to convert. In the past, dMC has been more than AMAZING, but lately when converting from SHN to WAV it takes 4 minutes to create a 722KB WAV file. I'm very interested in Quality, but I don't expect to wait hours to convert a few files.

What are the noticable differences between the Professional Frequency Conversion & normal conversion? Also, are there any other ideas as to why things are running so slowly for me now? I've used software called mkw Compression Toolkit (www.etree.org) and the SHN's went to WAV's in a matter of seconds. If it matters...I'm running a 1.0 Ghz P-III, 512 RAM, WinXP. I've had speed problems on almost all conversions (CDA to WAV, WAV to APE & FLAC and back, etc.) except WAV to MP3.

Lastly, I honestly can't say enough good about the program on the whole. dMC is FANTASTIC, and my friends are (one-by-one) being convinced as well. Keep up the GREAT work!!

--brandon
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Check that you do not have any dSP effects running, such as 'Volume Normalize', failing that you can reset dMC by:

start >> Run >> regedit.exe

browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate and delete the key (folder) dBpowerAMP.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brandonjp
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2003

No...no DSP's running...but I deleted the Reg Key and then converted 10 SHN's to WAV's in a minute & half.

If you have time to reply...what changed that slowed things down & why did deleting the RegKey fix it?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not sure which setting it was, deleteing that key puts dMC back to an after install state.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>