title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Desperate to get context menu Convert To item for .rm files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colinfoster
    • Sep 2009

Desperate to get context menu Convert To item for .rm files

Preamble -
    Windows Vista
    dMC 11.5 (registered)
    DirectShow codec installed
    .rm files show up in the file selector and in the dbConfig list of decodeables
    .rm _are_ converted if I select them using the file selector
    .rm files play in WMP

Ok, that sort of proves that I've got dMC installed correctly, and edited the "convertable files" text file correctly, BUT, Convert To does not appear in the context menu for .rm files. It does for .wav, .mp3 etc.

I've searched in the forums here, but the basic instructions to tick the Windows Explorer integration then restart the PC have had no effect. Also, most of the references hark back a few years which would indicate that this isn't a common happening nowadays

Vista doesn't have the ability to add custom context menu actions as XP did, so I've looked for registry hacks to achieve the desired context menu item. Search the registry for MusicConverter.exe associations showed up a few possibilities but nothing stood out.

Anyone who can help me out here deserves an Illustrate No-Prize
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Desperate to get context menu Convert To item for .rm files

You might have more luck with R13, as for R12 we rewrote the context menu system.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colinfoster
      • Sep 2009

11.5 was the version I received when I went through the dBpoweramp Registration Retrieval process for my original Sveta Fully Loaded order.

Is there a "paid for" update to later versions? Does the "free updates for life" only apply to the Sveta package, and does that not include later dMC versions?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Email your order number please with reference to this thread:

Bear in mind that Sveta is not compatible with R13
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Upgrade policy is here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12483

Comment

Working...

]]>