title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

why won't dMC Aux. Input capture sound from card?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdinerman
    • Jul 2007

why won't dMC Aux. Input capture sound from card?

I have dbpowerAMP installed on my computer. If I play sound files, I can hear them fine through the speakers.

If I have an external source such as a stereo connected to my sound card, dMC Auxiliary Input is able to capture the sound with no problem.

Yet the program cannot capture computer-based sound at all. When I play sounds, the recording level always stays at zero within dMC Aux. Input. The program shows the sound card within its settings; I just cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong...

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    BD
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: why won't dMC Aux. Input capture sound from card?

See here for aux input tips: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318
    Also, what OS are you using?

Comment

• bdinerman
      • Jul 2007

Well, it might sound strange, but I'm running 64-bit Windows Server 2003 at home. My first thought would be that the OS is too high-end for the dbpoweramp software, but I did have the software running at one point. I'm not sure what changed to make it NOT be able to grab the sound going through the card.

Also, I checked the tips in the link that you provided. All were already in place.

-Brad

Comment

• bdinerman
        • Jul 2007

Problem solved. It had to do with selections within the control panel's Recording Control.

Thanks for the help...

-BD

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Since the OS architecture is 64-bit, it might not be able to interface with Aux Input, but I am not sure.

Comment

Working...

]]>