title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble with speed control

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mange
    • May 2007

Trouble with speed control

Why does the cd ripper always start ripping at 4x? If I kickstart the drive with NERO cd/dvd speed then all is ok, cdripper breaks the drive to whatever I want. Speed control works ok until I insert another disc or the drive breaks down due to timeout.

I believe I have tested all possible speed settings. Yes my drive is dma. I have tried different communication settings.
    SCSI...: Speed control don´t work from within cdripper.
    Windows...: An alert tells me all it can´t do, I don´t want to use.
    Ahead ASPI: same as SCSI

Sometimes a "ASPI" only, shows and if I pick that one and restart the ripper it can´t find the drive at all.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trouble with speed control

If it is an older drive, it might not respond to the MMC3 set drive speed commands.

You want it to rip at x4 or maximum?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mange
      • May 2007

The drive is a Samsung DVD Writemaster. It's about two years old. It shows itself as "TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-162C"

Other programs can control it´s speed. If I just spin up the drive with another program, cdripper seems to handle it somewhat ok.

Best of course would be if I could set whatever speed I find appropiate.

Is there something you want me to try?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is very little we can do, speed control worked on the 20 or so drives we tested the program with.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>