title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RAW MP2 vs BWF MP2 problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _mike_
    • Oct 2006

RAW MP2 vs BWF MP2 problem

Hi!

I'm having this problem with bwf-mp2 -files. In our production editor they seem to have now soundform (graphic) at all. But when I convert them with dbpoweramp from bwf->mp2 they are allright.

My question is: Is this conversion lossless or not? And if it is lossless, then how can I convert (aka rip of all BWF-stuff) without any loss in stream itself.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: RAW MP2 vs BWF MP2 problem

Conversion will be lossy (ie it is decoded and re-encoded), R12 (which does not support bwf or mp2 encoding) is able to preserve the riff chunks through conversion, those codecs are a few months away.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• _mike_
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      Conversion will be lossy (ie it is decoded and re-encoded), R12 (which does not support bwf or mp2 encoding) is able to preserve the riff chunks through conversion, those codecs are a few months away.

Sorry to reask... but. How am I supposed to rid of riff-chunks in bwf? I want to make conversion from BWF to raw MP2 without re-encoding?

Question 2:

If you are saying that I can not encode these files with upcoming R12 then I definetly are not upgrading... Are you about to implement that conversion to this new version...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try googling for "strip wave header"

I refered to the current status of R12 alpha, there are many codecs still missing, and will be added in the next number of months.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• _mike_
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          Try googling for "strip wave header"

I refered to the current status of R12 alpha, there are many codecs still missing, and will be added in the next number of months.
          Thanks... now I have ripped those headers... I have only the raw data-part of that file... But still our broadcasting software can not show the waveform. It plays file fine but the waveform is just plain blue block...

I have even tried to set MPGEpmhasis bit inside this raw-file. That doesn't help ......

What can be so odd in this stream?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I have not used your other software so cannot comment on what it needs.

MpgEpmhasis is something very old and no longer used (like audio cds with the emphasis bit set).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>