title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
    Sorted man!

Works a treat.

I have included screenshots of 'dBpa' and 'file properties' tags.

But I can't get: 'Comments', 'Composer, or 'Producer' to show. Maybe the Sony just won't display these, period?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1403[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1404[/ATTACH]
    Excellent! If you have tracks with a featured artist, you will probably have to do the same again using the forward slash, rather than the semi-colon. The Beatles / Billy Preston. Alternatively some use, The Beatles Featuring Billy Preston.

Judging by the display options you listed in the previous post, your Sony won't show any extra tags, but does use the important ones.

Have you tried a double album and Compilation yet?
    Last edited by Oggy; 07-31-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Oggy
      Excellent! If you have tracks with a featured artist, you will probably have to do the same again using the forward slash, rather than the semi-colon. The Beatles / Billy Preston. Alternatively some use, The Beatles Featuring Billy Preston.

Judging by the display options you listed in the previous post, your Sony won't show any extra tags, but does use the important ones.

Have you tried a double album and Compilation yet?
      Hi Oggy,

So like: 'Miles Davis Band featuring John Coltrane' = 'Miles Davis / John Coltrane'; or ''Miles Davis / feat. John Coltrane'.

Shame it won't show 'Producer' or 'Label, nut it's not the end of the world.

No, no double-albums or comps. yet; saving those for last!

Cheers,

Paul
      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-31-2017, 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Oggy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2015

Hi Oggy,

So like: 'Miles Davis Band featuring John Coltrane' = 'Miles Davis / John Coltrane'; or ''Miles Davis / feat. John Coltrane'.

No, no double-albums or comps. yet; saving those for last!

Cheers,

Paul
        Yes, see how they display. Also how the Sony works with Artist and Album Artist.

It is a shame a full tagging standard hasn't been agreed and ahem, sorted.

Once you know how your player works, you can tag accordingly, sure you could do more than one a day!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Yes, see how they display. Also how the Sony works with Artist and Album Artist.

It is a shame a full tagging standard hasn't been agreed and ahem, sorted.

Once you know how your player works, you can tag accordingly, sure you could do more than one a day!
          Hi Oggy,

Well if Sony do not get back to me with a solid resolution over this stupid 'EU' Law regarding the volume, I may have to get a refund; and so will consider an entirely different player altogether. But hopefully it won't get to that stage.

But tagging-wise, I can probably live with it as it is.

Paul
          Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-01-2017, 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Hi,

Sony have told me I need to 'reformat' the Walkman. Not sure how this will help the 'volume' issue though?

Paul

Comment

• Oggy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2015

Hi,

Sony have told me I need to 'reformat' the Walkman. Not sure how this will help the 'volume' issue though?

Paul
              Hi Paul,

Some people have rescued their Sony player from the volume restriction, by reformatting and some software fix. Not sure what Sony say about warranty etc.

Don't you just love EU directives.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Don't you just love EU directives.
                Oggy,

I am the most staunch Brexiter you ever met! Should never have gotten dragged into it in the first place.

Now we have hairdryers and hoovers which can't blow or suck air for toffee.

Let us finally raise the drawbridge on our precious island; of which thousands fought for in two World Wars!

Paul
                Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-01-2017, 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

Hi,

Frustratingly, the 're-formatting' did zlich to help cure the Sony Walkman's Volume issue!

Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

Hi again,

I received an email from 'dBpa' offering for me to d/l the latest s/w version. Apparently it was updated recently.

I am on version: '16.2' (please see screenshot) of which I purchased around ten days ago.

Many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Version.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	293394

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Hi again,

I received an email from 'dBpa' offering for me to d/l the latest s/w version. Apparently it was updated recently.

I am on version: '16.2' (please see screenshot) of which I purchased around ten days ago.

Many thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1406[/ATTACH]
                      That's the latest. I had an email from dbpa talking about new versions too. But I already have latest as well.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Here is a reply I just received from the SONY COMMUNITY forum. Regarding 'file transfer' and 'meta-data', obviously I don't want to be using the likes of 'Grace Music' or 'Media Go' because I have subscribed to 'dBpa'! Thanks, Paul.

In regards to your first question about tags, it does appear that it is limited. I have been searching for what type of ID3 tags are supported and the only thing I can find is in the specifications: HERE. Therefore things like Label or Producer is not supported.

Music Searching Methods - All songs, Album, Artist, Genre, Release year, Composer, Playlists, Hi-Res, Recent transfers, Folder, SensMe Channels.

Using the Media Go software, you can automatically get this metadata from the use of 'Gracenote' Music ID. See HERE for more info.

Question Volume - Unfortunately, I am familiar with the EU law in regards to limiting the volume on personal audio devices. Sucks I know. One thing to note is to ensure that AVLS is off. See HERE.

However there are 'ways' to remove this EU limitation. See the following sites:
                        Googling should provide you more links.

Please note: I have not tried this myself, so I dont know. Also this forum or myself is not responsible if you choose to 'research' alternative ways in regards to removing this EU limitation cap.
                        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-02-2017, 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
                          That's the latest. I had an email from dbpa talking about new versions too. But I already have latest as well.
                          Thanks for the confirmation Gary.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jul 2017

... btw: here is a screenshot of the 'properties' of the file I have ripped as (to?) FLAC. I think everything looks OK as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FLAC.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	293395
                            Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-02-2017, 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

... btw: here is a screenshot of the 'properties' of the file I have ripped as (to?) FLAC. I think everything looks OK as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1409[/ATTACH]

Looks good to me.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
                                Looks good to me.
                                Thanks for the clarification, Gary.

No Oggy tonight?!