title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp cdripper shows no response

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eldrummer
    • Feb 2017

dbpoweramp cdripper shows no response

I'm a hi-fi retailer and one customer had recently a problem with a RipNas device that we replaced yesterday evening with a Qnap NAS. He's using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 for ripping. He still had dbpa ref14 that refused to respond (it worked before we changed the Nas and worked since some years). I made the update to R16 thinking thing will be better. Alas the problem is still the same : the app turns and you have to shut it down. There's no display of the drive, path or whatever and the app screen becomes light grey. I suspected a problem with the drive but it's working perfectly. I uninstalled the old dbpa version before installing the new one for sure. I read some posts about problems caused by the anti-vuris, the one here is Bit Defender 2017. Any ideas to fix the problem please ? Thanx.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbpoweramp cdripper shows no response

Try starting CD Ripper with no cd in the drive, does it show then?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eldrummer
      • Feb 2017

I tried with or without and nothing happened... I even config the auto CD ripping function with dbpa on Windows. Never had this problem before with different PCs or Macs !

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Did you install dBpa while Bit Defender was running? Did you try to start dBpa as Administrator?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Eldrummer
          • Feb 2017

I suppose BDef was running during the install, don't know. I didn't try to start as admin. How to do it ?

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

From my point of view you can try two things...

1.) Right click on the dBpa icon and choose "Run as Administrator..."

If that doesn't work try:

2.) Stop / Disable Bit Defender, install and start dBpa while Bit Defender is still stopped or diasabled.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Eldrummer
              • Feb 2017

Ok thanx. I'll try and keep you posted.

Comment

Working...

]]>