title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper not working after paid version installation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobA
    • Nov 2016

CD Ripper not working after paid version installation

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the trial version on my Win 10 PC. It worked fine so I paid for the full version, downloaded it and installed it. This is where the problems began.
    Music Converter and Batch Converter both work fine, at least they launch properly.
    CD Ripper is the problem: it seems to launch itself but there is no window.

The following may help with diagnostics:
    • I wasn't getting any artwork and only one or two metadata providers were enabled. Following advice in another thread I tried running the program as Administrator (no joy) and ended up assuming this was just a limitation of the trial version.
    • When installing, before I have even clicked 'Finish' the app launches behind the installer window - not sure if it's always done that but it seems odd.
    • I note that in the Start menu the CD Ripper entry is the only one not marked as 'New'.
    • I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling - no success.
    • After uninstallation the registry shows quite a lot of entries for the app left behind.
    • I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the trial version, then uninstalling that before re-installing the paid version - no success.

I'm out of ideas now and don't have a working version of the program I paid for. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Below are a couple of screenshots of what I am seeing on the Start menu and when I hover over the CD Ripper icon.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NotNew.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	297121Click image for larger version

Name:	Taskbar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	297122
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper not working after paid version installation

Visit:

Note this beta times out in July 2017. Changes: Wave encoder: added 88KHz and 176KHz to frequency settings mp3 and m4a better at handling multi designated artists (and those which are not such as ac/dc) CD Ripper >> art menu: new option 'copy to clipboard' CD Ripper now stops windows from sleeping whilst ripping CD

and install over the top of your existing, this version has this fix.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobA
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      Visit:

Note this beta times out in July 2017. Changes: Wave encoder: added 88KHz and 176KHz to frequency settings mp3 and m4a better at handling multi designated artists (and those which are not such as ac/dc) CD Ripper >> art menu: new option 'copy to clipboard' CD Ripper now stops windows from sleeping whilst ripping CD

and install over the top of your existing, this version has this fix.
      Thanks Spoon. Unfortunately it did not work - everything is as previously described. The CD Ripper launches but there is no window. Something seems to have been corrupted somewhere along the line and there seems no way to back out to a clean state and start again.

Comment

• RobA
        • Nov 2016

Thanks Spoon. Unfortunately it's not worked: everything is as previously described.
        There seems to be no way to get back to a truly clean state even after uninstalling so I can't even run the trial version. I could export the registry entries for you to inspect if you think that would help.

Comment

• RobA
          • Nov 2016

SOLVED

Somewhere along the line the CD Ripper window co-ordinates or size must have been corrupted. When CD Ripper was launched I was able to hover over the taskbar icon, right-ckick the top of the small window image that appeared and select maximise window. That restored the co-ordinates and size and it now appears to be working normally.

Comment

Working...

]]>