title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cant rip CDs accurately with new bdrw drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyvokar

• Sep 2024

Cant rip CDs accurately with new bdrw drive

Hi,
    my old 5.25 drive died, and without giving it foolishly much of a thought, just ordered a random 4k/br/dvd/cd rw from Amazon.

The drive is USB-C Verbatim External Slimline Bluray Writer, which inside is Pioneer bd-rw bdr-UD04.

When I first launched the cd ripper and inserted a disk, it asked to autoconfigure and I think it went through ok.

However, I cannot rip (or re-rip) any of my CDs accurately.
    The drive is installed in the same workstation (win11) as the old 5.25

Is there something I can do to fix the issue (or should I even be bothered (my ocd tells me I should)), and if drive is not up for the task, what would be the recommendation for a drive that can:
    -Accurately rip CDs
    -can read dvd/bluray/4k movies at high speeds (I'm up for a task to rip my blu-ray/4k collection, dvd's are pretty much done by now)
    -costs less than 250e
    -preferably external (usb), but internals ok as well

Thanks in advance,
    Kari
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

I would buy two cheapy USB dvd drives, nothing special and they should work well. From two different manufacturers, you might find one can read certain errors better than the other, and the other way around.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>