title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripper came up with the wrong metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urhlre
    • Sep 2024

ripper came up with the wrong metadata

I have a Mac. I inserted Paul Simons Seven Psalms into my Pioneer BDR-Xd05S and asked the ripper to rip the cd. It decided that the cd is from The Cranberries and is called "Interview with Fergal Lawler". I tried the Mac Music app to see what it would do. The Music app correctly read the metadata. I pulled up the metadata in the Music app and copied and pasted into the dbpoweramp metadata manual review window. I then selected rip and it ripped correctly. Also, before I tried ripping dbpoweramp said there was an update, which I applied. I also tried doing the rip with the older dbpoweramp, same result. I am going to try ripping another cd later today or tomorrow. I hope it works.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

The algorith to find the corresponding metadata in the databases leads to an unique result - most of the times, but not always. Different albums can have the same key (checksum) to search so a mismatch can happen. You can enable 'CD Text' as another source for metadata, which can be, but isn't always available on the CD itself.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Click the Review Metadata button on the toolbar at the top, one of the 5 providers might have had that disc correct.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>