title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ultra Secure Ripping first track only?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shack
    • Jun 2024

Ultra Secure Ripping first track only?

So I set up CD Ripper to get the most accurate/Secure Rip of my CDs as FLAC. Ripping time is irrelevant here.
    My drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS55

My problem is that it seems that on each CD, only the first track is ripped with Ultra Secure and then all the other tracks are getting ripped without Ultra Secure. Almost as if Ultra Secure Ripping stopped after the first track on every CD.

Here it works on the first track: Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultra Secure.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	325434

After that, we move on to track 2 and Ultra Secure is not applied.

My Secure Options:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Secure Options.png
Views:	61
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	325436

In the end, only the first track will have Re-rip Frames. If you disable Ultra Secure Ripping, the Re-Rip Frames will not be listed here in the results:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Re-rip Frame.png
Views:	61
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	325435

My questions are
    1. Why does Ultra Secure Ripping only happen on the first track?
    2. Why do I only have Re-rip Frames on the first track on every CD?​
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

1 + 2 are both related, the drive is giving out bad data. Perhaps try the spin up option set to maximum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

and if you get an accurate rip match initially it never has to go through the extra ultra secure passes. That is the beauty of accuraterip.

Comment

• Shack
        • Jun 2024

Thank you, the solution to questions 1+2 has been found and fixed with "Spin-up Time 4 seconds". No more Re-rip Frames and a direct match with AccurateRip. But this also means no Ultra Secure Ripping at all.

So it seems that I would like to introduce a new feature for which I would like to have an option/toggle.
        Ultra Secure only works on all tracks, when AccurateRip is disabled. Unfortunately, this also means no AR verification after ripping.
        I want Ultra Secure Ripping on all tracks, so that I know if the CD Ripper is reading the CD correctly without errors. This will tell me if the CD is still in good shape.

So my wish would be:
        1. Ultra Secure Ripping on all tracks. Doesn't matter if AR is on/off.
        2. Only after Ultra Secure Ripping has completed all passes on a track, should the CRC be compared with AR and marked accordingly. So that Ultra Secure Ripping is not skipped because the CRC was matched to AR on the first read.
        3. The results should show if the CRC of all Ultra Secure passes were the same or if one pass has a different CRC. This will tell me if the CD is in good or bad condition.
        Last edited by Shack; June 07, 2024, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Respectively, your suggestions suggest you do not trust accuraterip match. In fact an accuraterip match of 2 or more is WAY better than multiple ultra secure rips. I would be very opposed to your suggestions unless I could turn off that option. In short, there is no need for ultra secure passes when there is a clear AR match.

Comment

• EFORT
            • Jan 2024

i get this error when ripping on the first song, "Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'H:\Music\Traveling Wilburys, The\The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1\01 Traveling Wilburys, The - Handle with Care.flac'
            Could not save cover art: (win:5)"

Could you help?

This occurred after buying a new computer and installing the DBPower and Asset UPnp.

I have tried to unistall and reinstall the software. I also downloaded the "dbpoweramp-reset" and re-installed the software. It still does it on the first rip song but not on all.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>