title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible bug with HDCD Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidi
    • Nov 2016

Possible bug with HDCD Tag

Hello, I think I just came across a bug or I do not fully understanding how this is supposed to work :-) I am using the latest version of dBpoweramp Reference (2024-05-30). It is my understanding that if I have HDCD checked under CD Ripper->Preferences->Meta Data & ID Tag options, dBpoweramp should write that tag if it detects a track as HDCD regardless of if I have HDCD set as a DSP option or not. I do not believe that is happening.

I added 2 screenshots. The first one shows that dBpoweramp detected a track as HDCD during ripping, but when I look at the tags with Mp3tag. I do not see a HDCD tag. I added the HDCD DSP effect for this test.

The second screenshot shows that dBpoweramp did not detect the same track as HDCD after I removed the HDCD DSP effect. I also do not see a HDCD tag.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? Shouldn’t the tag have been written? I can provide more screenshots or logs if necessary. Any help would be appreciated :-)
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Will test for this when next updating dBpoweramp
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

In Track Technical column above you should see it say 'HDCD', if not try refreshing the CD. Check the program:

hdcd.exe is present in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidi
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
        In Track Technical column above you should see it say 'HDCD', if not try refreshing the CD. Check the program:

hdcd.exe is present in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp
        Hi Spoon I am so sorry I did not reply back earlier. I never got a email notification you replied & I just happened to check the forum today. I can confirm hdcd.exe exists in "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp".

I tried to refresh the CD by clicking on the Rescan button and the Track Technical Column is empty. I am using the latest version 2024-05-30
        Last edited by davidi; August 10, 2024, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Possibly security software is blocking that program running?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidi
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
            Possibly security software is blocking that program running?
            Hmmm, I’m running stock Windows/Microsoft Defender, no third party antivirus or security software. I’ll whitelist the dBpoweramp directory in Defender & see if that fixes it. I’m away from my PC right now. I’ll try later on & get back to you.

Comment

• davidi
              • Nov 2016

I shut off Windows Security, opened up Task Manager to see if hdcd.exe showed up when I ran CD Ripper. I did not see hdcd.exe in Task Manager & Track Technical is still empty.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try running it manually, open a windows command prompt and drop hdcd.exe on the black window, and see what the output is.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidi
                  • Nov 2016

Hi, I tried and nothing happens. The cursor just goes to the next line and nothing happens in dBpoweramp. Strange, it's like it's failing to run and I can't figure out why. I just tried whitelist hdcd.exe specifically in Windows Security. I even tried shutting off Windows Security again. Still nothing. I tried to double click hdcd.exe as well, CMD window opens up and sits there with a blinking cursor, no output.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Not displaying anything is correct for HDCD.

Try right clicking on CDGrab.exe (in the install folder) >> run as administrator, does that help?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidi
                      • Nov 2016

I tried to run cdgrab.exe as admin and that did not work either. Would it have anything to do with the fact that for this particular CD, only track 9 is HDCD and the other songs are not? Just throwing stuff out there.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

You would have to use a well known HDCD which has it on the cover to test.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidi
                          • Nov 2016

Hmm, I am not exactly sure I have one. I'll have to look.

Comment

Working...

]]>