title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error creating Vorbis with aoTuV (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error creating Vorbis with aoTuV (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe)

The debug log, it will show in notepad after converting. It should be human readable.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Web-Engel
      • Aug 2007

I know, it is human readable but not human understandable. Well, I understand it, but I cannot see an error in it. Can you?

Have you maybe missed the attachment of the said debug log in my last post?

Btw, the debug log is indeed stored but deleted immediately afterwards. Makes it difficult to get hold of.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The posted log just showed random symbols.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

That's just a problem of the encoding of the text file. Try this, Spoon.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Web-Engel
            • Aug 2007

Danke, dat Ei!

BTW, it is extremely difficult to get hold of the log file. DBPA deletes the file faster than it creates it. The last four attempts, I did not even see a log file at all (neither did one open in my text editor like the first time).

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Web-Engel
              Danke, dat Ei!
              Bitte schön!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

This is the command line used:

-q5.5 - -o "N:\Audio\New\GGVJUD~M\SNHTP4~O\0JMKNG~9.OGG"

- designates stdinput for the audio. It could be the network share does not support short filenames (such as GGVJUD~M)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Web-Engel
                  • Aug 2007

Ah, I think, we are getting closer to the problem. Close, we're not there yet.

The NAS does support SFN. See the directory extract down there.

Also, I can copy local OGGs to the NAS, so the filenames are allowed. Generating the OGGs directly on the NAS is what does not work.

There must be a problem somewhere else, probably with temporary files. Maybe there is a mismatch between the SFN of the temp file and that of the OGG.

The OGGs that are created on the NAS have length 0 bytes, so probably the compressor does not find the uncompressed WAV. Or the WAV creation fails already; I feel that the ripping is extremely fast on the NAS with aoTuV (30 sec for a 35-minute CD!); this should not be faster than with other codecs.

See below the directory to which I unsuccessfully tried to rip a CD:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N:\Audio\New>dir /x
                  Volume in drive N is Multimedia
                  Volume Serial Number is 593E-A9CA

Directory of N:\Audio\New

2015-02-25 15:23 <DIR> .
                  2015-02-22 22:47 <DIR> ..
                  2015-02-25 15:23 <DIR> OQFPAK~R Oscar Peterson
                  2015-02-25 06:30 <DIR> GGVJUD~M Georg Ferri Feils
                  2015-02-22 22:49 <DIR> Nits
                  2015-02-23 08:07 <DIR> SE5TT6~M Sonny Stitt
                  0 File(s) 0 bytes
                  6 Dir(s) 488.903.090.176 bytes free

-------------------------------------------------------

Directory of N:\Audio\New\Oscar Peterson\Oscar Peterson Trio Plus One

2015-02-25 15:27 <DIR> .
                  2015-02-25 15:23 <DIR> ..
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 03XFSI~I.OGG 08 Oscar Peterson - Squeaky's Blues.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 0GX7UI~Q.OGG 05 Oscar Peterson - Mumbles.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:23 0 0AZI6V~E.OGG 01 Oscar Peterson - Brotherhood Of Man.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 107.906 Folder.jpg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 189QLD~R.OGG 10 Oscar Peterson - Incoherent Blues.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 0H4BN2~S.OGG 06 Oscar Peterson - Mack the Knife.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 0GFBJC~5.OGG 07 Oscar Peterson - They Didn't Believe Me.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:26 0 04FMW8~P.OGG 04 Oscar Peterson - Roundalay.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:27 0 029G35~7.OGG 09 Oscar Peterson - I Want a Little Girl.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:26 0 0PG81H~O.OGG 03 Oscar Peterson - Blues for Smedley.ogg
                  2015-02-25 15:24 0 05HUVF~U.OGG 02 Oscar Peterson - Jim.ogg
                  11 File(s) 107.906 bytes
                  Last edited by Web-Engel; February 25, 2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

There is no temp files, the audio is sent via pipes, stdin
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Web-Engel
                      • Aug 2007

Ok, so again my question: What do you propose to do? Any idea?

From my perspective, it is very likely a bug of DBPA. Copying coded OGGs to the NAS works, and ripping other formats to the NAS also works.

My configuration is a pretty standard one, and two standard codecs do not work. Should we close this thread and my configuration as "not supported"?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I am 99.9999999% certain it is not a bug in dbp. It is the ogg encoder which is quitting, right at the start, not dbpoweramp which is reporting the ogg encoder has quit.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

Maybe disabling the creation of short filenames is the solution...
                          (just a reg key)

Dat Ei

Comment

• Web-Engel
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                            I am 99.9999999% certain it is not a bug in dbp. It is the ogg encoder which is quitting, right at the start, not dbpoweramp which is reporting the ogg encoder has quit.
                            Oh, yes, of course. I was also confident it is the encoder. I thought you consider it to be part of your package because you maybe compiled it.

Any idea where I can report this behavior? I did not find any site, and most of the aoTuV content is in Japanese.

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                            Maybe disabling the creation of short filenames is the solution...
                            (just a reg key)
                            That could solve it, but I am not going to do it. No idea what consequences this change will have (other solution which may rely on it, RSync Backup with hardlinks), and I don't have the time for testing it thoroughly.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Feb 2014

Moin, moin,

Originally posted by Web-Engel
                              That could solve it, but I am not going to do it. No idea what consequences this change will have (other solution which may rely on it, RSync Backup with hardlinks), and I don't have the time for testing it thoroughly.
                              you could switch the reg key just for a short test and evaluation.

If I understand you log file right, then the Problem lies within the variable "[outfile]" which contains

"N:\Audio\New\GGVJUD~M\SNHTP4~O\0JMKNG~9.OGG"

instead of

"N:\Audio\New\Pathname\08GeorgFerriFeils-Monsterkind.ogg". So who generates and filles this variable?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

>aoTuV content is in Japanese.

That is the correct location, the author is Japanese.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>