title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripped files won't playback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMark
    • Dec 2013

ripped files won't playback

My aif files rip and everything looks good until I try to play them back. They don't play on any media player. Jriver shows an error "problems with playback". This just started. I'm new at this but was successful ripping 8 cd's and then suddenly all cd's I try to rip won't playback. Any thoughts?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ripped files won't playback

Did they previously play? what is the size of the files, an aiff file should be about 30MB

Try as a test ripping to wave, do the wave files play?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaggieMark
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Did they previously play? what is the size of the files, an aiff file should be about 30MB

Try as a test ripping to wave, do the wave files play?
      Previous rips played but not these. For no reason I can detect every effort to rip any cd seems to rip fine but when I try to playback on any player it won't open the file. I did as you suggested and the same problem in wav. Then I downloaded db on a second computer. There it ripped and played back fine. I then was able to play those files on the original computer. Then on the original computer I used another ripping program (not db poweramp). It ripped wav and played back no problem. Ripped the same cd again with db in wav and again it refuses to play back.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What is the file size of one of the files which will not play?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaggieMark
          • Dec 2013

You are right, it is small. 12kb per song file (size on disc). What do you think has happened?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Some setting which is preventing ripping,

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

To clear the settings and reinstall, try rip with default settings (just select AIFF).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaggieMark
              • Dec 2013

Problem solved. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>