title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

what is the meaning of file name

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: what is the meaning of file name

I recommend a used squeezebox touch. Excellent analog or digital outs, handles metadata well, handles most formats, gapless, and 24/96 files or 24/192 with a free add on app. I use several and find them unsurpassed by anything that costs 10 times as much. When they were discontinued, I bought 3 spares.

Comment

• chinni
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by garym
      I recommend a used squeezebox touch. Excellent analog or digital outs, handles metadata well, handles most formats, gapless, and 24/96 files or 24/192 with a free add on app. I use several and find them unsurpassed by anything that costs 10 times as much. When they were discontinued, I bought 3 spares.
      yeah. I heard about Squeezebox. It is unfortunate that it is not avilable anymore. I am trying to see any alternative to Sonos since it is too expensive.

Does Squeeze box displays on the screen? I guess Squeezebox and Sonos are controlled from computer and will stream only audio data. Not sure. Able to play without needing to screen is one of my requriement to save projector bulb. However, it is good t o have option to display on the screen as well.

I will try to look around used squeezebox.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Or a netbook (very cheap now), running dBpoweramp Renaissance (see beta section of this forum), you can control from any UPnP control point.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Touch has its own screen. Or can control from smart phone or computer. Doesn't need to use your AV screen at all. Plays only audio. A google search should provide you more than enough details on a squeezebox touch. Also google "squeezebox touch replacement". You can probably find something well under $50.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            Or a netbook (very cheap now), running dBpoweramp Renaissance (see beta section of this forum), you can control from any UPnP control point.
            Excellent point! Bottom line, there are many good options, but you probably need an audio player vs an all in one audio/bluray/DVD player.

Comment

Working...

]]>