title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cover Art Doesn't Stick

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klystron
    • Feb 2013

Cover Art Doesn't Stick

I have two CD"s which, after they are ripped, and then opened in my media player,
    show different cover art than I selected (same artist, different art) in CD Ripper.
    Out of over 800 CD's, these are the only two which behave this way.

I have deleted the artist and all associated files (twice), from my music files (and from the media player),
    and repeated the ripping process, but same problem occurs.

When the ripping is finished, the correct art is showing up at the bottom right of CD Ripper.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Cover Art Doesn't Stick

If your media player is Windows Media Player, then it messes up. That is a "feature" in Microsoftish language, and somewhere it can be turned off.

Otherwise, it might be that there are more than one image, and one player selects the front cover embedded and another will select the folder.jpg file. Open in a tagger and view.

Comment

• klystron
      • Feb 2013

Sorry, should have said, my media player is J River Media Jukebox. If there is another image I can't find it. Would you recommend a tagger, and also tell me if the tagger can be used to imbed different image?

Comment

• TedSmith
        • Jun 2012

mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) (despite its name) is a very useful general purpose tagger. I actually can't imagine not using more than one tagger: they each have their strengths and weaknesses, but I like using mp3tag to see what's really going on.

Comment

• klystron
          • Feb 2013

Would still like to hear whether or not a tagger like mp3tag can handle replacing existing cover art image?

Since I have never used one, am also wondering if there are user help links available?

thanks all

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by klystron
            Would still like to hear whether or not a tagger like mp3tag can handle replacing existing cover art image?

Since I have never used one, am also wondering if there are user help links available?

thanks all
            yes, mp3tag can replace exisiting cover art with the art of your choice.

Comment

Working...

]]>