title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Annoying Popping Noise between each music track ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JUST.B
    • Nov 2012

Annoying Popping Noise between each music track ?

Hello all,
    I have been using dbpoweramp to rip my cds into wave music files and I have noticed that after each track has finished there is a annoying Click or Pop noise, this is on all the tracks I have ripped not just a few of them.
    I did use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) program before I started using dbpoweramp and never got the noise between tracks using that, so I thought maybe it is the dbpoweramp ID tag on these wav files that is causing problems because EAC does not ad on ID tag on their wav files.
    I rather like dbpoweramp it is a lot quicker to copy cds and seems to have less errors reported than EAC and not so complicated to setup.
    Please could someone help out.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Annoying Popping Noise between each music track ?

Your player does not read wave files correctly (it reads to tag chunk as audio) you need to disable wave tagging, this can be done in dBpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> advanced

Comment

• JUST.B
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      Your player does not read wave files correctly (it reads to tag chunk as audio) you need to disable wave tagging, this can be done in dBpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> advanced
      Hi mrspoons, thanks for reply.
      I am new to dbpoweramp so not sure how exactly to delete wav tagging, is it I go to Wave ID Tagging Tag Creation & put it as None in Tag Creation. Is that all I do then, do I leave all the rest alone in that section ?
      Also I noticed if you press Options button and go to Meta Data & ID Tag if you press Options there is a Box below that says
      Disable Tag Writing, does this Box need ticking too ?
      Last edited by JUST.B; November 27, 2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct, set to none just for wave.

>Disable Tag Writing, does this Box need ticking too ?

no
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JUST.B
          • Nov 2012

Thanks a lot Spoon, Great help, no more annoying Pops between tracks !

Comment

Working...

]]>