title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to add graphic_front_cover to VORBIS_COMMENT METADATA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinganda
    • Nov 2011

How to add graphic_front_cover to VORBIS_COMMENT METADATA?

Hi,

How do I get the ripper to add "graphic_front_cover" comment to the METADATA block (VORBIS_COMMENT). Its value should be the same as the METADATA block (PICTURE).

This is because, my receiver will only display the 'album art' when it is found in the METADATA block (VORBIS_COMMENT).

Thank you.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: How to add graphic_front_cover to VORBIS_COMMENT METADATA?

I do not think you can, what is your player?

Comment

• chinganda
      • Nov 2011

Its a network enabled Denon receiver, specifically AVR-4311CI, connected to twonky media 5.1.7. Using the program metaflac.exe, I was able to determine that the flac that had graphic_front_cover to VORBIS_COMMENT, it was able to display the album art work, ones that did not, it was not able to display the album art work. However, both files still had had a PICTURE metadata tag.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

Twonky is notorious for being picky with album art, note it is twonky not the player which is not detecting the art.

Instead write a folder.jpg. Is should be picked up by anything, or take a look at a better upnp server, such as Asset Upnp

Comment

• chinganda
          • Nov 2011

This is not the case.

Both albums have Folder.jpg which contains the album art. However the one folder where the flac does not contain graphic_front_cover to VORBIS_COMMENT METADATA still does not show the album art work. As such, I have to conclude that the album art is not showing because of lack of this tag.

Thanks for the pointer to to Asset Upnp, question does it come in a linux distribution?

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Sadly not

Comment

Working...

]]>