title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd Tag Info Display on Playback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laz Baz
    • May 2011

Re: Cd Tag Info Display on Playback

BrodyBoy,
    I have not tried various settings yet as I am still trying to get my head round to Spoon's comment that "CD Ripper as Music Converter will get no metadata ". When I purchased "dBpoweramp Reference R14", on running the exe file, three progammes were created (1) dBpoweramp CD Ripper (2) dBpoweramp Music Converter and (3) dBpoweramp batch Converter. I have been using (1) for ripping my CDs. When I play the tracks on MediaMonkey, all the information is shown.
    Does Spoon's statement implie that I use dBpoweramp Music Converter to rip my CDs?
    I did rip a few tracks by dBpoweramp Music Converter and still the info does not show when played on Onkyo.
    I hope Spoon will clarify the statement more precisely.
    Do you have any other suggestio? I will be following your previous advice though.
    Regards

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Re: Cd Tag Info Display on Playback

Originally posted by Laz Baz
      BrodyBoy,
      I have not tried various settings yet as I am still trying to get my head round to Spoon's comment that "CD Ripper as Music Converter will get no metadata ".
      He just meant that if you rip a CD using the Music Converter program, rather than using the CD Ripper program, you don't get online metadata access. Therefore, no metadata is added.

Do you have any other suggestio? I will be following your previous advice though.
      Regards
      Well, as I mentioned, I would be trying to find out the specific tag formatting used by the files that work, as that's going to be the best guide to what you need in your newly-ripped files. I believe this is a metadata problem, not a ripping problem....so re-ripping the files isn't going to fix it. Determining the compatible metadata for your Onkyo and then formatting your FLAC files that way would seem to be the solution to me.

How to do that? You could load the working files along with the non-working files into a good tag editor and carefully compare the metadata. Is it Vorbis Comments or ID3? What version if ID3? Are they labeling the fields the same way? You're lucky that you have some working files to use as a "reference," because that should help you zero in faster on the specific problem. (Alternately, if you still have EAC set up as it ripped those other files, you could take a close look at the metadata settings used with the FLAC converter.)
      Last edited by BrodyBoy; November 03, 2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>