title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

BSOD when Ejecting CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedudemaster
    • Sep 2011

Re: BSOD when Ejecting CDs

I'm having the exact same problem -- at first, BSOD when I tried to eject using the dbpoweramp eject button, but now BSOD as soon as dbpoweramp ripper has loaded. I'm running win7 64 bit on an HP ProBook 6560b.

This is painful, because I have a ton of CDs I want to rip... do I turn to something like itunes in this time of desperate need...?!

It would be great to know whether this issue is being looked into, and if so, more or less how long it will take to get a fix. Also, would I necessarily receive such a fix free of charge?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Start CD Ripper with no CD in the drive, then Options Button >> Communication - set to Windows Built-in
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If anyone has the intel storage matrix driver (or Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver) which is reliably giving a BSOD on eject, then please email:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thedudemaster
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          Start CD Ripper with no CD in the drive, then Options Button >> Communication - set to Windows Built-in
          Ok, but I can't try that now because my problem has gotten worse: even without a cd in the drive, when I start the ripper it checks the cd drive and immediately precipitates a BSOD before the program has even finished loading :-(

Tempted to upgrade from 13.5 to 14, but no indication that will fix the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I doubt R14 would fix this issue. Try the reset settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

(clear all settings), then reinstall and try.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• UrbanSurfer
              • Jan 2012

Thanks for posting your story, gijoe... I also have a new Toshiba Portege and before buying dbPoweramp, came here to read thru forums 1st. Glad I did.

Was there any resolution to the Toshiba issue? I see you now have a Vaio, but I don't want to end up with a problem either. Thanks!

Originally posted by gijoewoz
              I was having the same issue and started a thread in another section.

This is my first post here, I've searched the following key phrases without getting any helpful results "Eject", "Eject issue", "Eject Problem" I have been using the CD Ripper for about a week without any issues until last night. I finally received confirmation that Accuraterip is configured,

The computer I was using was a brand new Toshiba Portege, I can get the specs but I actually traded it in for a Sony Vaio because I got fed up and decided that my new computer must have a problem. So far the Vaio is running fine, but it's only been 2 days. I had posted the dump files on a couple of different websites to try and get help, I couldn't read them myself, but if they will help isolate the problem I can post the links to the threads that I started in the other forums.

Also, I took a lot of my conversation to PM with Spoon because I didn't want to bring unnecessary negative attention to his product if my computer was the issue. He was very kind and helpful even though I haven't even bought the paid version yet. For anyone who is researching this product, don't let a few bugs scare you away. The product is awesome and the service has been excellent as well.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You can follow the progress of this issue here:

There is a current issue where if CD Ripper tries to eject the CD and the Intel Storage Matrix Drivers / Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver are inplace on a system, it will blue screen of death Windows. This thread is dedicated to reproducing this issue and hopefully correcting the issue. We have created a simple test
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>